Ph.D: Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru
B.E (Mechanical): Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka
June 2021- present: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT (BHU) Varanasi, India
Nov 2018 - June 2021: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Dharwad, India
June 2017 - Nov 2018: Research Associate, Gas Turbine Research Centre (GTRC), Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Jan 2016 - May 2017: Research Associate, Rolls-Royce University Technology Centre (UTC), University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
At IIT(BHU) Varanasi
- ME 103: Thermodynamics (B.Tech core subject)
- ME 331: Combustion (B.Tech elective)
- ME 545: Combustion Technology (M.Tech elective)
- ME 401: Mechanical Engineering lab (B.Tech lab)
At IIT Dharwad
- ME 302: Applied Thermodynamics (B.Tech core subject)
- ME 111: Engineering graphics (B.Tech core subject)
- ME 404: Introduction to combustion (B.Tech elective)
- ME 413: Applied Thermodynamics lab (B.Tech lab)
- ME 224: Fluid Mechanics Lab (B.Tech lab)
- ME 331: Mechanical Measurements lab (B.Tech lab)
1. Arun Pattanshetti, R. Santhosh, Nasir Attar, ''Experimental and numerical investigation of recirculation structures in isothermal swirling coaxial jet", J. Fluids Eng, 144, 101204 (2022).
2. A. Niland, R. Santhosh, R Marsh, P Bowen, "Experimental investigation of effervescent atomization: Part I. Comparison of flat-end and streamlined aerator body designs”, Atomization and Sprays 32(4):53–75 (2022)
3. A. Niland, R. Santhosh, R Marsh, P Bowen, "Experimental investigation of effervescent atomization: Part II. Internal flow and spray characterization with novel DARPA SUBOFF afterbody streamline aerator”, Atomization and Sprays 32(4):25–51 (2022).
4. R. Santhosh and Saptarshi Basu,” Transitions and dynamics of unconfined Non-premixed swirling flame ", Combustion and Flame, 164, 35-52 (2016).
5. R. Santhosh and Saptarshi Basu,” Acoustic response of vortex breakdown modes in a coaxial isothermal unconfined swirling jet”, Physics of Fluids, 27, 033601 (2015).
6. R. Santhosh, Ankur Miglani and Saptarshi Basu, ”Transition in vortex breakdown modes in a co-axial isothermal unconfined swirling jet”, Physics of Fluids, 26, 043601 (2014).
7. R. Santhosh, Ankur Miglani and Saptarshi Basu, ”Transition and Acoustic response of recirculation structures in an unconfined co-axial isothermal swirling flow", Physics of Fluids, 25, 083603 (2013).
8. Shantanu Mishra, R. Santhosh, and Saptarshi Basu, “Scalar Transport in Diffusion Flame Wrapped up by an Air and Fuel Side Vortex”, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 47, 2013, pp 32-40.
9. Uyi Idahosa, R. Santhosh, Ankur Miglani and Saptarshi Basu, ” Response dynamics of recirculation structures in Co-axial Non-premixed Swirl Stabilized Flames subjected to Acoustic Forcing ”, J. Thermal Sci. Eng. Appl., 8(1):011008-011008-11 (2015)- doi:10.1115/1.4030728
1. R. Santhosh, Arun P, Shivansh Chaturvedi, "Effect of Confinement in Coaxial Swirling Jets: Numerical study", Proceedings of the 9th International and 49th National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power (FMFP), December 14-16, 2022, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee-247667, Uttarakhand, India (Paper No: FMFP2022–358)
2. A. Pattanashetti, R. Santhosh. (2021) ‘Computational Fluid Dynamics of Co-axial Unconfined Isothermal Swirling Jets’. In: Gupta A., Mongia H., Chandna P., Sachdeva G. (eds) Advances in IC Engines and Combustion Technology. NCICEC 2019. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-5996-9_70 (https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-981-15-5996-9_70)
3. R. Santhosh, Xiao H, Goktepe B, Pugh D, Giles A, Marsh R, Bowen P, Valera-Medina A, “Hydrogen through Carbon-free Ammonia Economy” – Progress performed at the Gas Turbine Research Centre, Wales, 1st Latin American Conference on Sustainable Development of Energy, Water and Environment Systems, 28-31 Jan 2018, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
4. R. Santhosh, Jee Loong Hee, Kathy Simmons, David Hann and Graham Johnson, “Oil Shedding from an Aeroengine Ball Bearing at Moderate Speeds”, GT2017-63815, Proceedings of ASME Turbo Expo 2017: Turbomachinery Technical Conference and Exposition GT2017 June 26-30, 2017, Charlotte, NC, USA
5. Jee Loong Hee, R. Santhosh, Kathy Simmons, David Hann and Graham Johnson, “Oil Film Thickness Measurements on Surfaces Close to an Aeroengine Ball Bearing using Optical Techniques”, GT2017-63813, Proceedings of ASME Turbo Expo 2017: Turbomachinery Technical Conference and Exposition GT2017 June 26-30, 2017, Charlotte, NC, USA
6. R. Santhosh and Saptarshi Basu, ”Experimental Study of Transitions in Swirling Non-premixed Flames in a Co-flow Atmospheric Burner", Paper # 289, accepted and to be presented at 10th ASPACC, Beijing, China, July 19-22 (2015).
7. R. Santhosh, Ankur Miglani, Bhaswati Choudhury and Saptarshi Basu, “Characterization of transition of Recirculation structures in isothermal co-axial swirling jet,” Paper #HMTC1300231, Proceedings of the 22nd national and 11th international ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass transfer conference, IIT Kharagpur, India, Dec. 28 -31 (2013). (Paper shortlisted for further consideration in the special issue of ASME Journal of Thermal Science and Engineering Application)
8. R. Santhosh, Ankur Miglani, Bhaswati Choudhury and Saptarshi Basu, “Acoustic Response of Recirculation Structures in Isothermal Swirling Co-axial Jet”, Paper #221, Proc. 23rd National Conf. on IC Engines and Combustion, Surat, India, Dec 13-16 (2013)
9. R. Santhosh, Ankur Miglani and Saptarshi Basu, “Mixing transfer function and coherence characteristics in acoustically excited swirling flow,” Paper #134, 8th World Congress on Experimental Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics (ExHFT-8), Lisbon, Portugal, June 16 -20 (2013)
10. R. Santhosh, Ankur Miglani and Saptarshi Basu, “Recirculation structures in isothermal swirling flow field: Transition from vortex breakdown to toroidal form, global acoustic response and possible implications on flame response”, National Propulsion Conference, IIT Chennai, India, Feb 21 -23 (2013)
11. Ankur Miglani, R. Santhosh and Saptarshi Basu, “ Dynamic response of acoustically perturbed isothermal swirling flow field”, Paper #2-019, Proc. 22nd National Conf. on IC Engines and Combustion, Calicut, India, Dec 10-13 (2011).
1. Hydrogen/Ammonia flames in swirl combustor- an experimental study:
Funding agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) Startup Research Grant (SRG), Govt of India
Project duration: Nov 2022 - Oct 2024
Project grant: Rs. 31,72,670/-
2. Swirl flows in industrial burner
Funding Agency: IIT(BHU)- Seed Grant
Project duration: Mar 2022 - Feb 2023
Project Grant: Rs. 10,00,000/-
1. Mr. Arun Pattanshetti: Ph.D. Research Scholar (pursing Ph.D. at IIT Dharwad)
2. Mr. Rajneesh Kumar Yadav: Ph.D. Research Scholar, IIT(BHU)
3. Mr. Shivansh Chaturvedi: B.Tech Project student
4. Mr. Shubham Deshmukh: B.Tech Project student