- Receiving suggestions for the procurement of documents from departments/Schools.
- Duplicate checking and placing orders with registered vendors.
- Accessing the publications- Book, Audio, Videocassettes, CDs, Pamphlets etc.
- Passing the bill for payment.
- Sending the procured publications to the processing section for technical processing
- Maintenance of files and records of all types of purchase of documents
- Attending queries for the purchase of publications
Technical Processing Section
- Assigning call no. for the book with the help of Colon Classification scheme (Now Dewey Decimal Classification) and creating the authority file.
- Pasting the spine and date labels in the book and noting the call no. and copy no. on the spine label and accession number on the date label along with the call no. and copy no.
Preparation of catalogue cards for shelf list and catalogue.
Sending the processed books for display on each month after complete processing.
Filing of new catalogue card in the catalogue cabinet.
Retro-conversion of book database and assigning DDC no to the books classified according to CC.
- Enrollment of Students (B.Tech./B.Pharm., IDD/IMD, M.Tech./M.Pharm. & PhD), faculty and staff members.
- The issue of No dues certificate.
- Issue / Return of Books etc
- Collection of overdue charges.
- Reservation of books.
- Loss of book / Replacement of books.
- Preparation of defaulter list.
- General inquiries.
Timing :- 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Smt. Urmila Sharma
Ext : 5807
Library Administration / Office / Acquisition Section
- Library office activities
- Personnel of Administration
- Store affairs
- Duty chart preparation
- Provide administrative support to the librarian
- Procurement of other than document materials.
- Sending reply of letters
- Overall maintenance of library
Shri Abhishek Shukla (Jr. Assistant)
Stack Maintenance Section
- Shelving of books
- Tracing of untraced publications
- Repairing of books
- Assisting the user in tracing of publications
- Conducting Stock verification
- Maintaining separate section for SC/ST Book Bank and Text Book Bank
Periodical and Thesis Section
- Inviting invoices from the publisher’s/Indian agents and processing for payment.
- Tracking the supply position of journals
- Registration and display of journals on periodical display racks.
- Sending the reminder for Non-Receipt of journals.
- To arrange the binding of old issues.
- Shelving and maintenance of Bound volume of journals.
- Accessing of Bound Volume of journals and their classification.
Ext : 5813
e-Library and e-Journals Access Rules:
- Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance before entering e-library.
- Identity Card is compulsory for getting access to the e-library.
- Computers should be used only for educational purpose.
- Do not install or uninstall any software in library computers.
- If any of the computers are not working report the same to the office. Do not try to fix it.
- Systematic downloading, distributing or retaining substantial portions not allowed.
- Forwarding electronic versions of articles or the use of electronic articles for commercial purposes no allowed.
- Strictly prohibited to download entire journal issue or databases or an entire e-book.
- Silence to be maintained, no discussion permitted inside the e-library.
- No personal belongings allowed inside the e-library
- Using Mobile phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises
To access e-journals click here
To access Databases, Standards, e-Books click here
Theses & Dissertations
Theses and dissertation section have all the hard copy of Ph.D. theses and M-Tech dissertations after the conversation into an IIT (BHU), Varanasi. The theses and dissertations before 2012 may get access from the Central Library, Banaras Hindu University. The section also maintained a soft copy of Ph.D. theses in CD form as well as in online form "Institutional Digital Repository".
Click here to access the online catalog of Theses (Hard copy)
Note: Generally the library does not permit to issue a hard copy of Theses and Dissertations.
For any query please email us on email@example.com
Document Delivery Service
- Procurement of Newspapers, National and International Magazines.
- Stock entry and tracking the supply position of magazine and newspapers.
- Registration and display of magazines.
Main Library has access to PressReader to access 3500+ digital Newspaper & Magazines. Click on the link to access.
PressReader (Unlimited Global News, Digital Newspaper & Magazine)
CIM Magazine (The Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM) is an association for minerals industry professionals)
List of Newspaper and Magazines subscribed by the Main Library.
|Employment News||Sport Star||Outlook|
|India Today||Main Stream||Business Today|
|Business World||Front Line||Pratiyogita Darpan|
|Yojana||Competition Success Review||The Week|
|Science Reporter||Reader’s Digest||Civil Services Chronicle|
|Civil Services Times||Kurukshetra||Economists|