Frequently Asked Questions ?
All students, faculty members and staff working with the Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) are authorized to use the library. Student alumni, retired staff members and visiting faculties also have the privilege to use the Main Library. However, for availing he borrowing facilities, users need to enroll themselves with Main Library IIT (BHU) on fulfilling the requisite procedures.
Individuals affiliated to corporate bodies or any institution can use the library after producing the letter from their organization and taking permission from the librarian. The Library will charge for their services as per the rule of library.
An authorized user can recommend a book for purchase by filling- in a “Book recommendation from” that can be obtained from the Book Acquisition Division or Circulation counter. The form should be routed through your Departmental Library Committee with the signature of Head of the Department.
As a general practice, the library administration avoids to issue bound volume of periodicals. However, in exceptional cases bound volume of journals can be issue to the faculty member for over- night from the circulation counter by detaining their passbook.
No, current (loose) issue of journals is not issued to any category of library member. After taking permission from the librarian loose issues may be issue to faculty members after detaining their passbook for overnight. Latest issue of journals will not issue in any case.
Reference books have been mark by RR on Top of the Call Number. Reference books may issue to faculty members only for overnight from the circulation counter by detaining their passbook.
Reference Collection mainly contains, Encyclopedias, Handbook, Dictionaries, Directories, Atlases, Audio, Video and some rare collection.
Every category of members are required to pay late fee, as per the late fee structure, if he/she fails to return the books within prescribed period of time @ Rs 1 per day.
10:30 AM to 4:30 P M. However, on the availability of circulation counter staff, books may be issue/return in special case from 10:30 AM to 7:00 PM.
Immediately consult the circulation counter to know the book detail and then consult to Acquisition Section for the replacement of book or deposit the price of book.
First contact concerned person responsible for shelving of books in that area. You may also contact professionals in counter or In-Charge Circulation Section.
No, you are not allowed to bring the personal book / books issued from the library. Only after the permission of Gate- keeper and stamping on personal book with proper entry on register, you can bring your personal books for reading purpose. In no case, issued books are allowed to bring in the library for reading purpose., In no case issued books are allowed to bring in the library for reading purposes.
We welcome your comments and Suggestions
Some feedbacks from users:
- Pranav Ajith: I would like to sincerely thank you guys for the speed and efficiency with which my request was handled. I have no doubt that this will continue to be the case in the future as well. Thank you.
- Souvik Saha: I got my remote access id within 1 hour of my request. Thank you so much, Sir for this prompt response.
- Prateek Agrawal:Thank you for providing remote access to the library. It helps me a lot to be able to read research papers and journals from home
- Utkrisht Kumar Singh:Very helpful; I found all the necessary publications which I required.
- Supratim Mahapatra: I asked for an article, and the library sent the article by that day only.
- Ankit Kumar:It's really awesome how my problem is fixed within a day
- Pratik Kumar Mahant:My problem was sorted out within 24 hours. Thanks for understanding the urgency and helping me in such a cooperative manner.R Raman:I received prompt help and support for creating the Turnitin instructor account. Thank you.
- R Raman:I received prompt help and support for creating the Turnitin instructor account. Thank you. I received prompt help and support for creating the Turnitin instructor account. Thank you.
- Pramod Kumar:Prompt response to my mail and provided assistance to me regarding plagiarism.