Rajnesh Tyagi currently a Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Dean (Faculty Affairs) at Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) obtained his Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (erstwhile University of Roorkee) in 1992, Master’s Degree in Engineering with specialization in Industrial Metallurgy and Ph.D. (2001) in Materials Tribology from the same Institute. Dr. Tyagi did his Post-doctoral research at School of Materials Science and Engineering, Nanjing University of Sc. and Technology, Nanjing PR China where he conducted research on Ni self-lubricating composites for high temperature wear applications. His areas of interest include Materials Development and Tribology, MMCs (Al, Cu and Ni Base), Wear Resistant coatings, Surface Engineering, Solid Lubrication and High temperature Wear. His expertise involves in developing high temperature Ni based solid lubricating composites or coatings containing a combination of solid lubricants like Ag, hBN, WS2 etc. to explore the synergetic action between them to achieve low friction and wear in extreme range of temperatures, development of Dual Phase steels known as Advanced High Strength Steels and evaluation of their sliding as well as erosive behavior under ambient conditions, improving tribological performance of Cu-based composites by reinforcing with nano-solid lubricants like rGO, MoS2 and a combination of both. Dr. Tyagi has published about 90research papers in various International Journals of repute and presented several in International conferences both in India and abroad and has guided a number of PhD/ Masters’ students. He has delivered invited talks in several workshops/conferences/faculty development programs both in India and Abroad. He has visited several countries like USA, China, Malaysia, Poland, Lithuania, France, and Czech Republic and has developed strong research collaboration with SKLT, Tsinghua University, NJUST, Nanjing, and University of Sabah, Malaysia. Dr. Tyagi has wider exposure of teaching at some premier engineering and technology institutes in India like Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani; PEC, University of Technology, Chandigarh and IIT (BHU) Varanasi. Dr. Tyagi has also been a member of Board of Governors of IIT (BHU) Varanasi and currently also looking after the activities of Ideation, Innovation &Incubation Foundation (I3F) A section 8 company at IIT (BHU) in the capacity of Director.
- Dean (Faculty Affairs) w.e.f. 01.12.2020-till date
- Member, Finance Committee, IIT (BHU) w.e.f. Aug 2021-till date
- Director, Ideation Innovation & Incubation Foundation (I3F) IIT (BHU) Varanasi, A Section 8 Company
- Dean, Faculty Affairs (In charge), May 7, 2020 to Nov 30, 2020.
- Member Board of Governors, IIT (BHU), January 1, 2020 to Dec 31, 2021.
- Associate Dean (Faculty Affairs) IIT BHU, since March 4, 2019 to Nov 30, 2020.
- Member Senate, IIT BHU, Since Feb 2016
- Member, Advisory Committee, Central Instrumentation Facility Centre IIT (BHU)
- Member, Advisory Committee, Precision Engineering Hub, IIT (BHU)
- Chairman, Institute level DPC for Technical Staff
- Member Selection Committee for Junior Library Superintendent & Junior Library Assistant at IIT (BHU)
- Chairman, Screening Committee for the Posts of Registrar and Assistant Registrar
- Member, Departmental Purchase Committee FY 2022-23
- Member DPGC, Department Mechanical Engineering
- Member, CPDA guidelines committee
- Rohit Kumar Singh Gautam, Rajnesh Tyagi, Sudesh Singh, Saood Ali, Sanjeev Kumar, Hemant Nautiyal (2023), “Evaluation of tribological characteristics for HVOF deposited Ni based self-lubricating coatings with different h-BN composition” Surface & Coatings Technology 464 (2023) 129549 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2023.129549
- Nitish Mahto, Rajnesh Tyagi, Sanjay K. Sinha, (2023), “Synergistic Effect of Ag and WS2 on High Temperature Tribological Performance of Ni3Al Based Composites” Tribology International 183 (2023) 108408.
- Pooja Verma, Rajnesh Tyagi and Sunil Mohan (2023), “Erosive Wear of Dual-Phase Steels Developed via Quenching of Low and Medium Carbon Steels” Accepted, Metal Science and Heat Treatment, Springer.
- H. Nautiyal, R.K.S. Gautam, S. Singh, R. Goswami, G. Gautam, A. Raturi, O.P. Khatri and R. Tyagi (2023), “Influence of sintering temperature on mechanical and tribological characteristics of copper based composite reinforced by 2D hybrid material” Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering 2023; 0(0). doi:10.1177/09544089231158501
- Pooja Verma, Rajnesh Tyagi and Sunil Mohan (2023) “Effect of Microstructure, Impact Velocity and Angle on Erosive Wear of Medium Carbon, Dual Phase and Fully Martensitic Steels” Wear, Volumes 518–519, 15 April 2023, 204645. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2023.204645
- Amit Kumar Singh, Deepali Atheaya, Rajnesh Tyagi, Vinayak Ranjan (2023) “High Temperature Friction and Wear of Atmospheric Plasma Spray Deposited NiMoAl-Ag-WS2 Composite Coatings” Surface & Coatings Technology 455 (2023) 129225. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2022.129225
- Pooja Verma, Rajnesh Tyagi and Sunil Mohan (2022) “Erosive Wear of Dual Phase Steels Containing Different Amount of Martensite”. J. of Materi Eng and Perform. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11665-022-07089-5.
- Ashwani Ranjan, Rajnesh Tyagi and Vikas Jindal (2022), “Effect of Load on Tribological Properties of Ti-TiB-Fe Composites Processed by Spark Plasma Sintering”. Trans Indian Inst Met. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12666-022-02651-0.
- Ashwani Ranjan, Rajnesh Tyagi and Vikas Jindal (2022), “Reciprocating Wear of Ti-TiB In Situ composites Synthesized via Vacuum Arc Melting”, J. of Materi Eng and Perform, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11665-022-07002-0.
- Rohit Kumar Singh Gautam, Hemant Nautiyal, Rajnesh Tyagi and Vinayak Ranjan (2022) “Tribological Characterization of TiAlC nanostructured Coatings Deposited by DC Pulse Magnetron Sputtering” . Aug 2022, 144(8): 081401 (12 pages).
- Hemant Nautiyal, Rajnesh Tyagi, Pooja Verma, Sudesh Singh, R. S. Walia (2022) “Tribological performance assessment of porous copper-based composite under dry and lubricated conditions”. J. of Materi Eng and Perform. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11665-021-06548-9.
- Manish Kumar and Rajnesh Tyagi (2022) “Tribological Performance of Bearing Steel with Bi-Triangular and Circular Textures under Lubricated Sliding” J. of Materi Eng and Perform. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11665-021-06568-5.
- Hemant Nautiyal, Sangita Kumari, Rajnesh Tyagi, O P Khatri and U. S. Rao (2021) Evaluation of tribological performance of copper-based composites containing nano-structural 2D materials and their hybrid., Trib. Int. Vol. 153, 106645
- Ranjan, A., Tyagi, R., Jindal, V. (2020) Investigation on Wear Characteristics of TiBFe Composites Containing 10 at. % Boron and 10-30 at. % Iron. J. of Materi Eng and Perform. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11665-020-05130-z
- Singh S., Chen, X., Zhang, C., Gautam, R. K., Tyagi, R., and Luo, J., 2020. Tribological performance of steel with multi-layer graphene grown by low-pressure CVD. ASME Journal of Tribology, 142, pp. 122101 (1-10).
- Manish Kumar, Vinayak Ranjan and Rajnesh Tyagi (2020); Effect of Shape, Density, and Array of Dimples on the Friction and Wear Performance of Laser Textured Bearing Steel under Dry Sliding. Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 29, 2827–2838.
- R. K.S. Gautam, U.S. Rao, Shashank Mishra and R. Tyagi, (2020); Tribological behavior of atmospheric plasma spray deposited Ni-based composite coatings at different speeds and temperatures. Journal of Thermal Spray Technology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11666-020-01016-7.
- Hemant Nautiyal, Pankaj Kumar Sharma and Rajnesh Tyagi (2020); High temperature erosive wear behavior of high velocity oxy-fuel sprayed Cr3C225 (Ni20Cr) coating on (AISI-316) austenitic steel. ASME Journal of Tribology, Vol. 142 / 071702-1-7.
- Hemant Nautiyal, Sangita Kumari, O. P. Khatri, U.S. Rao and Rajnesh Tyagi (2020); Tribological Performance of Cu-rGO-MoS2 Nanocomposites under Dry Sliding. Tribology Letters, 68:29.
- R. K.S. Gautam, U.S. Rao and R. Tyagi, (2019) “Influence of load on friction and wear behavior of Ni-based self-lubricating coatings deposited by atmospheric plasma spray” Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 28, 7398-7406.
- Singh, S., Chen, X., Zhang, C., Gautam, R. K., Tyagi, R., & Luo, J. (2020) “Nickel-catalyzed direct growth of graphene on bearing steel (GCr15) by thermal chemical vapor deposition and its tribological behavior” Applied Surface Science, 502, 144135.
- Hemant Nautiyal, Sangita Kumari, O P Khatri and Rajnesh Tyagi (2019) “Copper matrix composites reinforced by rGO-MoS2 hybrid: Strengthening effect to enhancement of tribological properties” Composites Part B 173. 1-12.
- Hemant Nautiyal, Prabhat Srivastava, O P Khatri, Sunil Mohan and Rajnesh Tyagi (2019) “Wear and friction behavior of copper based nano hybrid composites fabricated by spark plasma sintering” Materials Research Express, Vol. 6 (8), 1-16
- Singh, S., Chen, X., Zhang, C., Tyagi, R., & Luo, J. (2019). Investigation on the lubrication potential of graphene oxide aqueous dispersion for self-mated stainless steel tribo-pair. Vacuum, 166, 307-315.
- R. K.S. Gautam, U.S. Rao, and R. Tyagi, (2019) High temperature tribological properties of Ni-based self-lubricating coatings deposited by atmospheric plasma spray, Surface & Coatings Technology, 2019, 372, pp 390–398.
- Rahul Saraswat, Abhishek Yadav, Rajnesh Tyagi (2018) “Sliding Wear Behaviour of Al-B4C Cast Composites under Dry Contact”. Materials Today: Proceedings, Vol. 5(9), pp.16963-972.
- Dingding X, Song J, Song Wang, Zhenhua Liao, Rajnesh Tyagi, Yuhong Liu, Weiqiang Liu. (2018) Studies on Tribological properties of CoCrMo alloys against metals and ceramics as bearing materials. J. of Materials Engg. & Performance. Vol.27, Issue 2, pp 517–529.
- Yang Li, Guy R. Fogel, Liao Z, Rajnesh Tyagi, Weiqiang Liu. (2018) Prosthesis and Hybrid Strategy Consideration for treating 2-level Cervical Disc Degeneration in Hybrid Surgery. SPINE, Vol.43 - Issue 6, pp. 379–387.
- Pushkar Jha, R. K. Gautam, and R. Tyagi. (2018) Modeling the dry sliding wear behavior of Cu-4wt.%Ni- TiC composites using response surface methodology. Materials Today: Proceedings, 5 (2), pp. 4692-4701.
- Pushkar Jha, R .K. Gautam, and Rajnesh Tyagi. (2017) “Effect of reinforcement content and technological parameters on the properties of Cu-4 wt% Ni -TiC composites”. Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 26:5126–5136.
- Yang Li, Guy R. Fogel, Zhenhua Liao, Rajnesh Tyagi, Gaolong Zhang, and Weiqiang Liu, (2017) “Biomechanical Analysis of Two-Level Cervical Disc Replacement With a Stand-Alone U-Shaped Disc Implant” Spine, 42 (20), pp E1173–E1181.
- Pushkar Jha, R.K. Gautam, Rajnesh Tyagi (2017) “Friction and wear behavior of Cu-4 wt. % Ni –TiC composites under dry sliding conditions. Friction 5(4): 437–446.
- Y. K. Qin, D. S. Xiong, J. Li, R. Tyagi (2017) “Compositions and tribological properties of PEO coatings on Ti6Al4V alloy” Surface Engineering, Vol. 33 (12), pp.895-902.
- A. P. Harsha, P. K. Limaye, Rajnesh Tyagi, Ankit Gupta, (2016) Effect of Temperature on Galling Behavior of SS 316, 316 L and 416 Under Self-Mated Condition”, Journal of Materials Engg. and Performance, Vol.25:4980–4987.
- Jian Song Yuhong Liu Zhenhua Liao Song Wang, Rajnesh Tyagi Weiqiang Liu, (2016), Wear studies on ZrO2-filled PEEK as coating bearing materials for artificial cervical discs of Ti6Al4V, Materials Science and Engineering C, 69, 985–994.
- Pushkar Jha, R. K. Gautam, Rajnesh Tyagi, D. Kumar, (2016), Sliding Wear Behavior of TiC-Reinforced Cu-4 wt.% Ni Matrix Composites, Journal of Materials Engg. and Performance, Vol. 25:4210–4218
- Abhishek Kumar, Rakesh K. Gautam, Rajnesh Tyagi, (2016) Dry Sliding Wear Characteristics of in situ synthesized Al-TiC Composites, Composite Interfaces Vol. 23 Issue 6, pp. 469-80.
- Vineet Rajput, Rakesh K. Gautam, Rajnesh Tyagi, (2016) Tribological behavior of Al based Self-lubricating Composites Composite Interfaces Vol. 23 Issue 6, pp. 481-92.
- Jian Song, Zhenhua Liao, Song Wang, Yuhong Liu, Weiqiang Liu, Rajnesh Tyagi, (2016), “Study on the Tribological Behaviors of Different PEEK Composite Coatings for Use as Artificial Cervical Disk Materials”, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, Vol. 25 No. 1, pp. 116-129.
- A. P. Harsha, P. K. Limaye, Rajnesh Tyagi, Ankit Gupta, (2015) “Development of Tribological Test Equipment and Measurement of Galling Resistance of various grades of stainless steel” J. of Tribology, Transactions of ASME, Vol. 138, pp. 024501-6
- Ankit Sharma, Abhishek Kumar, Rajnesh Tyagi (2015)”Erosive wear analysis of medium carbon dual phase steel under ambient condition” Wear, 334-35, pp 91-98.
- Dangsheng Xiong, Yongkun Qin, Jianliang Li, Yi Wan, Rajneesh Tyagi (2015) “ Tribological Properties of PTFE / laser surface textured stainless steel under starved oil lubrication”, Tribology International, Volume 82, Part B, pp. 305-310
- Yongkun Qin, Dangsheng Xiong, Jianliang Li, Rajneesh Tyagi (2015) Corrosion and bio-tribological properties of Ti(CN)x hard coating on Titanium alloy by pulsed plasma electrolytic carbonitriding process, Tribology International, Volume 82, Part B, pp.543-550.
- S. Wang, F. Wang, Z. Liao, Q. Wang, R. Tyagi, W. Liu (2015) “Tribological behaviour of titanium alloy modified by carbon–DLC composite film”, Surface Engineering,31:12, 934-941
- Rajnesh Tyagi, Dangsheng Xiong, Jianliang Li, Jihuai Dai, (2012) , Dry Sliding Wear Behavior of Silver Containing Ni Based composite-Steel Tribo-Pair, J. of Shanghai Jiotong University (Sci), 17-4: 470-74.
- R. K. Gautam, S. Ray, Satish C Sharma, S. S. Jain, R. Tyagi, (2011) “Dry sliding wear behavior of hot forged and annealed Cu–Cr–graphite in-situ composites” Wear, 271, pp. 658– 664.
- Jianliang Li, Dangsheng Xiong, Hongyan Wu, Heguo Zhu, Jian Kong, Rajnesh Tyagi (2011), “Tribological properties of MoN layer on silver-containing nickel-base alloy at high temperatures, Wear, 271, pp-987-93.
- Rajnesh Tyagi, Dangsheng Xiong, Jianliang Li, Jihuai Dai, (2011) “Effect of Load and Sliding Speed on Friction and Wear Behavior of Silver/h-BN Containing Ni -base P/M Composites, Wear,270, pp.423-30.
- Rajnesh Tyagi, Dangsheng Xiong, Jianliang Li, Jihuai Dai, (2010) “Elevated Temperature Tribological Behavior of Ni Based Composites Containing nano Silver and hBN” Wear 269, pp. 884-890.
- Rajnesh Tyagi, Dangsheng Xiong, Jianliang Li, Jihuai Dai, (2010) “High-Temperature Friction and Wear of Ag/h-BN-Containing Ni Based Composites against steel”, Tribology Letters, Vol. 40., No. 1, pp.181-186 .
- Jianling Li, Dangsheng xiong, Hongyan Wu, Zhongjia huang, Jihui dai, and Rajnesh Tyagi, (2010), Tribological Properties of Laser Surface Texturing and Molybdenizing Duplex-Treated Ni-Base Alloy, Tribology Transactions, 53:2, 195-202.
- Jianliang Li, Dangsheng Xiong, Jihui Dai, Zhongjia Huang, Rajnesh Tyagi, (2009) Effect of Surface Laser Texture on Friction Properties of Nickel-based Composite, Tribology International, Vol. 43, Issue 5-6, 1193-1199.
- Jian Kong, Dangsheng Xiong, Jianliang Li, Qunxing Yuan and Rajnesh Tyagi, (2009), “Effect of Flash Temperature on Tribological Properties of Bulk Metallic Glasses”, Tribology Letters, Vol. 35, No. 3, pp. 151-158.
- M.T. Mathew, M.A.Wimmer, P.Srinivasa Pal, R. Tyagi, R. Pourzal, A.Fischer, (2009), “Tribocorrosion-Some Fundamentals, Overview and Current Status”, Indian J. of Tribology, Vol. 4(2), pp.25-36.
- Tyagi, R. (2005) “Synthesis and Tribological Characterization of in-situ Cast Al-TiC Composites” Wear, Vol. 259, pp. 569-576.
- Tyagi, R., Nath, S. K. and Ray, S., (2004), “Development of wear resistant medium carbon dual phase steels and their Mechanical Properties”, Materials Science and Technology, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 645-652.
- Tyagi, R., Nath, S. K. and Ray, S., (2003), “Friction and Wear Behaviour of Medium Carbon Dual Phase Steel under Dry Sliding”, Indian Journal of Tribology, Vol.2, pp. 27-33.
- Tyagi, R., Nath, S. K. and Ray, S., (2003), “Modelling of Dry Sliding Oxidation - Modified Wear in Two Phase Materials” Wear, Vol. 255 pp. 327-332.
- Tyagi, R., Nath, S. K. and Ray, S., (2002) “Effect of martensite content on friction and wear behaviour of 0.42 pct carbon dual phase steels”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions, Vol. 33A, pp. 3479-3488.
- Tyagi, R., Nath, S. K. and Ray, S., (2002), “Oxidative Wear in Multi-Phase Materials”, Metals, Materials and Processes, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 103-114.
- Tyagi, R., Nath, S. K. and Ray, S., (2001), “Dry Sliding Friction and Wear in Plain Carbon Dual Phase steels”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions, Vol. 32A, pp. 359-367.
- Tyagi, R., Nath, S. K. and Ray, S., (1999), “Friction and Wear Behaviour of Dual Phase Steel under Dry Sliding”, (abstract only) Transactions of Indian Institute of Metals, Vol. 52, No. 5, p. A8.
- Verma P, Tyagi R, Mohan S, “Erosive Wear of Some Dual-Phase Steels Developed via Quenching of Low and Medium Carbon Steels”, International conference on Advances in Materials & Processing Technologies, 10th -14th October 2022, Slovenia.
- Verma P, Rajpoot D, Tyagi R, “Effect of rotational speed and normal load on contact pressure and temperature during pin on disc tribotesting”, International conference on Industrial Tribology, 12th -14th December 2022, New Delhi, India.
- Singh S, Verma P, Gautam RK, Tyagi R, “Effect of counterface materials on friction and wear of graphene-coated steel under dry sliding contact”, Material Today: Proceedings, International conference on Recent Advances in Design, Materials and Manufacturing, 15th and 16th October 2020, Amity University Madhya Pradesh, Gwalior, India.
- Rohit Kumar Singh Gautam and Rajnesh Tyagi (2019) Synthesis and tribological characterization of copper based composites containing carbides. 6thInternational Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering 2019, held at Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia during 14-16 August 2019.
- Hemant Nautiyal, Pankaj Kumar Sharma, Rajnesh Tyagi (2019) Solid particle erosion wear of high velocity oxy-fuel (HVOF) sprayed diamalloy coating on AISI-316 stainless steel. International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering 2019 held at Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia during 14-16 August 2019.
- Hemant Nautiyal, Baljinder Badhan, Rakesh Mohrana, Rajnesh Tyagi and U.S. Rao (2019) Evaluation of mechanical properties & tribological behavior of self-lubricating aluminum matrix hybrid composites synthesized via stir casting route. Innovative Technologies in Mechanical Engineering 2019 held at KIET, Ghaziabad during 18-19 October 2019.
- Ashwani Ranjan, Vikas Jindal and Rajnesh Tyagi (2019) “Effect of microstructure on tribological properties of TiB reinforced Ti composite” NMD-ATM-2019 held at Thiruanantapuram during 14th -16th November 2019.
- A. Singh, V.Ranjan, R. Tyagi and Baij N Singh (2019). Numerical analysis of temperature distribution in sliding contacts of pin on disc model 43rd International JVE Conference, held at Bennett University, Greater Noida during 28th –30th November 2019.
- Hemant Nautiyal, Bir Bahadur Mishra and Rajnesh Tyagi (2019) Dry Sliding of Atmospheric Plasma Sprayed Cr3C2-NiCr Coating on AISI-304 Stainless Steel. India Trib 2019 10th International Conference on Industrial Tribology held at IISc Banglore during 1-4 December 2019.
- B.K. Badhan, H. Nautiyal, R. Moharana, U.S. Rao, R. Tyagi (2019) “Evaluation of mechanical properties & tribological behaviour of self-lubricating aluminum matrix hybrid composites synthesized via stir casting route” Poster presented at 22nd International Conference on Wear of Materials (WoM 2019) held at Miami, Florida during 14-18th April.
- R. Moharana, S. Sengar, B Badhan, U. S. Rao, R K Gautam and R Tyagi (2019) Tribological
Behavior of Graphene Coated Bearing Steel (EN31), presented at 2nd International Conference on New Frontiers in Engineering, Science & Technology NFEST 2019 held at NIT Kurukhshetra from 18-22, Feb 2019.
- Rajnesh Tyagi and Vinayak Ranjan, (2018) “Estimation of wear rate in dual phase steel on the
basis of the load sharing between constituent phases” VibroEngineering PROCEDIA, Vol 21, pp.196-201.
- Amit Kr. Singh, Rajnesh Tyagi, Vinayak Ranjan, Prabhakar Sathujoda (2018) “FEM simulation of three-point bending test of Inconel 718 coating on stainless steel substrate” VibroEngineering PROCEDIA, Vol 21, pp.248-252.
- Rahul Saraswat, Abhishek Yadav, Rajnesh Tyagi, (2017). “Sliding Wear Behaviour of Al-B4C Cast Composites Under Dry Contact”, International Conf. on Advances in Materials & Processing: Challenges & Opportunities “AMPCO 2017” held at IIT Roorkee during November 30-Dec 2, 2017.
- Rahul Saraswat, Rajnesh Tyagi, (2017) “Friction and wear properties of A356-TiB2 cast composites fabricated by Flux Assisted Synthesis” Presented at World Tribology Congress WTC 2017 held at Beijing during Sept 17-22, 2017.
- Abhishek Kumar, Rakesh K. Gautam, Rajnesh Tyagi, (2015) “Dry Sliding Wear of in-situ Synthesized Al-TiC Composites” Accepted for Presentation in Malaysia International Tribology Conf. Penang Malaysia during Nov 14-16, 2015
- Vineet Rajput, Rakesh K. Gautam, Rajnesh Tyagi, (2015) Tribological behavior of Al based Self-lubricating Composites. Accepted for Presentation in Malaysia International Tribology Conf. Penang Malaysia during Nov 14-16, 2015
- Tyagi, R., Nath, S. K. and Ray, S., (2008) “Estimation of wear rate on the basis of estimated load sharing between constituent phases in Dual phase steel” Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. on Advanced Tribology (iCAT2008), December 3-5, Singapore, pp. 16.
- Tyagi. R. (2005), “Effect of TiC Content on Friction and Wear Behavior of Al-TiC Composites”, Proceedings ASME World Tribology Congress III, September 12–16, 2005, Washington, D.C., USA, Vol. I, Paper no. WTC2005-63016 pp. 9-10.
- Tyagi, R., (2005), “Synthesis and Tribological characterization of In-situ cast Al-TiC Composites”, presented International Conf. On Wear of Materials (WOM 2005) held in San Diego, USA from April 24-28, 2005.
- Tyagi, R., (2003), “Dry Sliding Friction and Wear of In-Situ cast Al-TiC Composites”, Proc. Int. Conf. on Advances in Materials & Processes for Industrial Applications organized by ASM Pune (India) Chapter in Sept. 25-27, 2003, pp. 200-205.
- Tyagi, R., Nath, S. K. and Ray, S., (2003) “Development of Medium Carbon Dual Phase Steel For Tribological Applications” key note paper presented in National Seminar on Microalloyed Steel for Automotive Industries held at National Metallurgical laboratory, Jamshedpur, India from Jan 30-31, 2003.
- Tyagi, R., Nath, S. K. and Ray, S., (2003) “Wear Prediction in two phase materials: A theoretical Approach” presented in National Conference on Mathematical and Computer Applications in Science and Engineering held at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, India from Jan 27-28, 2003.
- Tyagi, R., Nath, S. K. and Ray, S., (2002), “Dry sliding oxidative wear modelling in Dual phase steel”, Proceedings of International conference on Macrocomposites, Microcomposites, Nanocomposites (Eds. Bandyopadhyay et al) held in Sydney, Australia, July 23 –27, pp. 431-437.
- Tyagi, R., Nath, S. K. and Ray, S., (2002), “Modelling of Dry Sliding Oxidative Wear in Dual Phase Steel”, International Conference on Advances in materials and Materials Processing (ICAMMP-2002) IIT, Kharagpur from Feb. 1-3, 2002.
- Tyagi, R., Nath, S. K. and Ray, S., (2001), “Effect Microstructure on Friction and Wear Behaviour of Plain Carbon Steel”, Proc. of XV National Convention of Metallurgical and Materials Engineers and National Seminar on Advances in Materials & Processing at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee on Nov 9-10, 2001.
(xxvii) Tyagi, R., Nath, S. K. and Ray, S., (1999), “Friction and Wear Behaviour of Dual Phase Steel Under Dry Sliding presented at the International conference on Wear of Materials and Annual Technical Meeting of IIM held at IIT Kanpur from Nov 13-16, 1999.
1. “Processing Techniques and Tribological Behavior of Composite Materials” Eds. Rajnesh Tyagi & J. Paulo Davim, IGI Global book series Advances in Chemical and Materials Engineering (ACME) (ISSN:2327-5448; ISSN: 2327-5456), Hershey PA, USA 17033.
- Presently Professor, Mechanical Engineering, IIT BHU Varanasi, India, Since Feb 2016
- Visiting Professor Bennett University, Greater Noida from Beb 1, 2018 to Jan 2019.
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, IIT BHU Varanasi, India July 2010 to Feb 2016
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Dept. of Materials Sc. and Engineering, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, Nanjing 210094, PR China, Dec 2008 to Sept 2010 (on leave from BHU)
- Reader, Mechanical Engineering, IT BHU Varanasi, July 26 to December 2008
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Punjab Engineering College (Deemed University) Chandigarh, India since September 28, 2006 to July 25, 2007.
- Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering, at Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi Jan 4, 2005 to Sept. 27, 2006.
- Worked as Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering, at Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani since, July 25, 2003 – Dec 31, 2004.
- Worked as a Senior Research Fellow in a CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) New Delhi, India project entitled “Effect of Second Phase Morphology on Tribological Behaviour of Dual phase steels” from December, 1995 to July 1997.
- Worked as Graduate Engineer Trainee in SHRIRAM HONDA POWER EQUIPMENTS LTD., RUDRAPUR, Distt. NAINITAL from 30th June 1992 to 11th Feb 1993.
- Co-Principal Investigator, BNRS project entitled “Development of tribological test method to measure galling resistance for various metal pairs under dry, lubricated and water lubricated environment”, DAE, Mumbai, Amount awarded Rs. 22,71,900/- Sept.2012- Dec .2015.
- Principal Investigator, Institute R & D grant for project entitled “Synthesis and Tribological Characterization of Cu Based Composites Containing Solid Lubricants” 2016-17 Amount Rs. 14,66,250/-
- Consultancy Project, Defence Materials & Stores Research & Development Establishment, Kanpur, "Tribological studies of Metal impregnated carbo-graphite material under varying conditions in dry & lubricating media, Aug 2022-Feb 2023, Amount Rs. 4, 01,200/-
- Principal Investigator DST sponsored “Friction and Wear behaviour of Al based composites containing soft or hard particles” 201-2005
1. Pushkar Jha (2018) Tribological Behaviour of TiC Reinforced Cu-Ni Matrix Composites
2. Rohit Kr Singh Gautam (2020) High Temperature Tribological Behaviour of Atmospheric Plasma Spray Deposited Ni-based Self-lubricating Coatings
3. Sudesh Singh (2020) Studies on Tribological Behaviour of Graphene as a Lubricant
4. Heman Nautiyal (2020) Synthesis and Tribological Characterization of Self-lubricating Copper Based Composites
5. Manish Kumar (2023) Studies on Tribological Performance of Laser Textured Bearing Steel
6. Ashwani Ranjan (2023) Reciprocating Wear of in-situ Synthesized Ti-TiB composites
(i) Young Scientist Award 2000-2001 by Department of Science and Technology (DST) New Delhi, India for a project entitled “Friction and Wear of Aluminum Base Composites Containing Soft or Hard Particles” for a duration of three years costing around Rs. 12 lacs.
(ii) CSIR senior research fellowship for Ph. D.
(iii) UGC (University Grants Commission) New Delhi, GATE fellowship for M.E.
(iv) National Scholarship from class XI to B.E.
(v) State Integrated Scholarship from class IX to X.
(vi) District Scholarship from class VI to VIII.
(vii) Got 17th Rank in the State in Intermediate Board exams in Uttar Pradesh (India).
A. Short Term Course
- “Fundamentals of Tribology and Materials for Tribological Applications” under Staff Development Programme sponsored by AICTE from Feb 27, 2006 to March 11, 2006.
- QIP STC on “Materials Tribology: Fundamentals and Recent Advances”, 23-29 March 2017 at IIT BHU.
Organized National Tribology Conference NTC 2016 in the capacity of Organizing Secretary during Dec 8-10, 2016 at Mechnaical Engg. Dept. IIT BHU Varanasi. The conference is held once in every two years.
Life Member, Tribology Society of India
Editorial Board Member Journal of “FRICTION” SPRINGR, Since Jan 2020
Reviewer to Various Journals like Wear, Tribology International, Tribology Letters, J. of Materials Engineering and Performance, Surface and Coatings Technology etc.
Mechanics of Metal Forming
Unconventional manufacturing Processes
Tribology of Manufacturing Processes
Mechanics of Solids