Dr. Jeewan Chandra Pandey
Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT (BHU), Varanasi
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.Tech (Electrical Engineering), KNIT Sultanpur, UP, 1995.
- M.E. (Electrical Engineering), IISc Bangalore, KA, 2002.
- Ph.D., IIT Kanpur, UP, 2018.
- Teaching Experience
- Assistant Professor, BITS Pilani, Rajasthan, India, Nov. 2003-August 2005.
- Assistant Professor, IIT (BHU), Varanasi, India, Nov. 2005 - till date.
- Industrial Experience
- Maintenance Engineering, Jaypee Cement, Rewa, MP, June 1995-August 1998.
- Assistant System Engineer, General Electric, JFWTC, Bangalore, Feb. 2002- Nov. 2003.
- Transactions and Journals
1. J. C. Pandey and Nandini Gupta, “Estimation of Interphase Thickness of Epoxy-Based Nanocomposites,” IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 2747-2756, October 2016.
2. J. C. Pandey and Nandini Gupta, “Charge Behavior at Interfaces involving Nanocomposites”, IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol 25, no 1, Feb 2018.
3. Niraj Mehta, J.C. Pandey, Neeraj Pandey, Ram Pyare, Manas Majhi,“Developing a high strength physicomechanical and electrical properties of ceramic porcelain insulator using zirconia as an additive“, Material Research Express (MRX), IOP Science, pp.1-13, July 2018.
4. J. C. Pandey and Nandini Gupta, “Study of Treeing in Epoxy-Alumina Nanocomposites using Electroluminescence”, IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 26, No.2 pp. 648-653, Jan 2019.
5. M. Singh, V. K. Rajendran, J. C. Pandey, "A novel bisection method based algorithm to quantify interphase in epoxy alumina nanocomposites" Computational Material Science (Elsevier), Vol. 183, 2020.
6. J.C.Pandey, M.Singh, " Evidences of interphase formation and concomitant change in the dielectric properties of epoxy-alumina nanocomposites" Polymer Testing (Elsevier), Vol. 91, 2020.
7. J. C. Pandey and M. Singh, “Dielectric polymer nanocomposites: Past advances and future prospects in electrical insulation perspective,” SPE Polymers, Sep. 2021, DOI: 10.1002/PLS2.10059.
8. R.C.Bansal, and J.C.Pandey, “Load forecasting using artificial intelligence techniques: a literature survey”, Int. J. Computer Application in Technology, Vol.22, Nos. 2/3, pp.109-119, 2005.
9. Singh M, Chandra Pandey J, Probing thermal conductivity of interphase in epoxy alumina nanocomposites, Polymers and Polymer Composites. January 2022. doi:10.1177/09673911221077489.
1. J. C. Pandey and Nandini Gupta, “Finite Element Method Based Simulation of Unipolar Space Charge Limited Conduction in Solid Dielectric”, 17th National Power System Conference, pp. 1-5,12-14 December 2012, IIT(BHU), Varanasi, India.
2. J. C. Pandey and Nandini Gupta, “Space Charge Characteristics of Thermally Aged Epoxy Based Nanocomposite”, IEEE Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena (CEIDP), 2013, Shenzen, China, pp. 707-710, 20-24th Oct 2013.
3. Supriyo Das, J. C. Pandey, and Nandini Gupta, “Space Charge Diagnostics in Aged Polymeric Insulation”, IEEE CATCON First international conference on condition assessment techniques in electrical systems,2013, Kolkata, India, pp. 1-4, 6-8 Dec. 2013.
4. J. C. Pandey and Nandini Gupta, “Thermal Aging Assessment of Epoxy Based Nanocomposites by Space Charge and Conduction Current Measurements”, IEEE Electrical Insulation Conference (EIC), 2014, Philadelphia, USA, 8-11 June 2014.
5. J. C. Pandey and Nandini Gupta, “Estimation of Interphase Thickness in Epoxy Based Nanocomposites”, 19th International Symposium on High Voltage Engineering, Pilsen, Czech Republic, 23-28 Aug. 2015.
6. J. C. Pandey and Nandini Gupta, “Space Charge Estimation in Epoxy Based Nanodielectrics Using Complementary Techniques”, IEEE Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena (CEIDP), Ann Arbor, MI, USA, 18-21 Oct. 2015.
7. J. C. Pandey and Nandini Gupta, “Characterizing Epoxy Based Nanocomposites by Space Charge and Conduction Current Measurements”, International Conference on Multifunctional Material for Future Applications (ICMFA-15), IIT (BHU), India, 27-29 Oct. 2015.
8. Manohar Singh and J.C.Pandey, “Effect of Particle Surface Treatment on Dielectric Properties of Epoxy-Alumina Nanocomposites”, IEEE 7th Power India International Conference (PIICON-2016), GEC Bikaner, Rajasthan, India, 25-27 Nov. 2016.
- M.Tech: 11 (completed), 2 (On Roll)
- PhD: 1 (completed), 2 (On Roll)
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Circuits and Measurements
- Network Analysis and Synthesis
- High Voltage Engineering
- Power Transmission and Distribution
- Electromagnetic Fields and Waves
- Power System Transients
- Fundamentals of Electrical Circuits and Systems
GE Management award for project work "generator performance enhancement" carried out during onsite assignment at GE power system Schenectady, NY, USA.
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering for Instrumentation and Control Engineers, 27-28 January 2010, HINDALCO Renukoot.
- Overvoltage Phenomenon due to Lightning "Analysis and Protection System, 27-28 January 2010, HINDALCO Renukoot.
- Fundamental Aspects of High Voltage & Electrical Insulation, QIP Short Term Course, 01-06 Feb. 2021, jointly organized by EE & SMST IIT (BHU), Varanasi.
- Synthesis and Characterization of Polymer Nanodielectrics, QIP Short Term Course, 01-06 Feb. 2021, jointly organized by EE & SMT IIT (BHU), Varanasi.
- Role of Space Charge in Degradation of Polymers, QIP Short Term Course, 01-06 March. 2021, Organized by EE department IIT Kanpur.