Ph.D. The Department is running Ph D in Humanistic Studies in four areas namely History, Philosophy, Sociology, Environmental Studies, English and Computational Linguistics. This department also runs courses for Undergraduate Students, Post Graduate and PhD Students of Engineering and Pharmacy departments of the Institute. For admission in Ph D in Humanistic Studies, applicants from Engineering, Science and Humanities background are invited to apply through on-line PG Admission Portal of IIT(BHU) Varanasi. Admission is done through a written test followed by an interview.
With reference to the Rolling Advertisement (April'2013) for faculty recruitments at IIT(BHU) available at home page of IIT(BHU) website, the desired Specializations for Faculty Recruitments in the Department of Humanistic Studies are as follows:
For further details and application form Click Here
Samapika Roy, a senior research scholar of the Department, has received the Fullbright Fellowship. She will be working as FLTA at New York University, USA.
Prashant Priyadarshi, a senior research scholar of the Department, has received the Fullbright Fellowship for the session 2020-2021. He is working as FLTA at Brown University, USA.
Dr. Nirmalya Guha was invited for ‘Series of Lectures’ by the Department of Philosophy, Fudan University, China, from 30 November to 08 December 2019.
Dr. Swasti Mishra was invited as Visiting Lecturer for ‘Short Term Lectureship’ by the Chair of Indology, University of Würzburg, Germany, from 10th to 20th November 2019
Dr. Swasti Mishra and Dr. Amrita Dwivedi were invited for final review of “Varanasi Smart City Studio-2019” project by the School of City and Regional Planning, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA, from 18th to 24th April 2019.
- Distinguished Visits in the Department
- Prof. Ute Husken, South Asia Institute, Heidelberg University, Germany on 8th March, 2019.
- Prof. Jorg Gengnagel, Wurzburg University, Germany on 8th March, 2019
- The Department has organized a Constitution Day Awareness Program on 21st January 2020
- Observance of Vigilance Awareness Week followed by an awareness campaign on 1st November 2019.
- Department conducted the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan in association with Student Counseling Services IIT (BHU) on 2nd October 2019. A Swachhata Shapath was taken followed by Cleanliness Drive