Dr. Navin Singh Rajput
Dr. Navin Singh Rajput is Associate Professor in Electronics Engg. at Department of Electronics Engineering, IIT(BHU), Varanasi. He did his Ph.D. on Neural Processing Systems from IIT(BHU). His area of interests are various applications of Neural Networks, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence in Communication and Computational networks, especially Internet of Things (IoT) and Cyber Physical Systems (CPS).
Experience: 20+ Years of Teaching and Research
Qualifications: Ph. D.* in Electronics Engineering, 2011
Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India
* Ph.D. Thesis entitled “Analysis space transformation based Neural processing approach suitable for on-line classification of gases/ odors using the responses of thick film gas sensor array”, Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), 2011.
Address for correspondence:
Dr. N. S. Rajput,
Department of Electronics Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology (BHU)
Varanasi (U.P.) – 221 005 INDIA
Mobile: +91 9415390577 (M / WhatsApp*)
* Please feel free to drop WhatsApp messages for seeking help and to consult, at any time. I will be happy to respond, ASAP.
Ph.D. Thesis Supervised/ On-going:
- Analysis of Quality of Service Parameters in High Altitude Platforms Based Communication Networks, Shri S.H.A.Al-Samhi (2012 to 2016)
- A Novel Normalised Difference Based Virtual Sensor Response Technique for an Intelligent Gas Sensing System, Shri Ashutosh Mishra (2103 to 2018)
- IoT enabled Cyber Physical Robotic systems with Intelligent Sensing Capabilities, Shri Amit Kumar Shisodia (2017 – On-going)
- Performance Enhancement using Intelligent Data Fusion Techniques, Shri Shivnath Kumar (2017 – On-going)
- Smart Medical Diagnostic Systems using Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) Present in Human Breath, Shri Kanak Kumar (2017 – On-going)
M. Tech. Dissertation Supervised: Total (40) = Completed (38) + Ongoing (02)
|40.||IoT Enabled Intelligent Gas Sensing Systems, Prerit Dewan (2018 – On-going)|
|39.||Autonomous Navigation of Robots using Deep Neural Networks, Saurabh Kumar (2018 – On-going)|
|38.||An Intelligent System for Fish Freshness Quality Assessment Using ANN, Dharmendra Singh (2018)|
|37.||A Low Cost Design of Underwater Wireless Sensor Node, Varun Nath (2018)|
|36.||A Novel Smoke Detector System Using ANN, Jogender Kumar (2018)|
|35.||Enhancement of Classification Accuracy for Land Cover using Multi Sensor Approach, Dhruv Kumar (2018)|
|34.||A Neurally Augmented Process for Efficient Classification of Alcohol, Jatavath Raju (2018)|
|33.||Underwater Long baseline Positioning System for Autonomous Underwater Vehicles using Hyperbolic Positioning, Emmadi Abhinay (2016)|
|32.||A Simple Brain-Computer Interface Based Assistance For Patients With Physical Disability In Wheelchair Movement, Tanushree Meena (2016)|
|31.||Sensor Array System for Gases Identification and Quantification, Priyanka Mishra (2016)|
|30.||Hyperspectral and LiDAR Data Fusion, Shivnath Chaudhury (2016)|
|29.||Design of IoT enabled Smart Energy Meter, Ravi Kumar (2016)|
|28.||A Simple Brain-Computer Interface For Paralytic Patient Assistance Using Raspberry Pi, Ashwajit Maske (2016)|
|27.||A Novel Design Methodology for Real Time and Intelligent Classification and Quantification of Gases/ Odors, Sourav Bhandari (2016)|
|26.||Big Data Analysis using Apache Hadoop, Prashik Makeshwar (2015)|
|25.||A NDVI Parameter Based Feature Extraction Methodology for Hyperspectral Images, Akhilesh Kumar Pandey (2015)|
|24.||A neurally augmented process for efficient classification of American Sign Language based hand gestures, Subhash Chandra Bind (2015)|
|23.||Lung Tumor extraction from CT scan image using MapReduce frame work on Hadoop cluster, Shri Dipan Kar (2014)|
|22.||Performance improvement of Median Filter for reduction of salt and pepper noise in images, Shri Prakhar Rawat (2014)|
|21.||Brain Tumor detection, 3-D reconstruction and quantification from MRI images, Shri Rajesh Toppo (2014)|
|20.||Design & implementation of Map Reduce Algorithm for Medical Image Processing Data on Hadoop Cluster, Shri Mohd. Rafiq (2014)|
|19.||Medical Image Enhancement and Edge Detection Using MapReduce Framework on Hadoop Cluster, Shri Sanjay Jaradiya (2014)|
|18.||Feasibility study for graphical visualization of SSFDR Data, Shri Sateesh Kr. (2014)|
|17.||A Deep Packet Inspection Strategy to Detect and Block TOR Hidden Bridges on Monitored Networks , Shri Shiva Kumar (2014)|
|16.||Feasibility Study on Tethered Balloon based deployment for wireless mobile & data communication, Ms. Sara Abdulla (2014)|
|15.||Design & Analysis of Bluetooth Compatible Signal Acquisition Interface for Cloud Based Intelligent Electrocardiography (ECG) System, Shri Arpit Kumar (2013)|
|14.||Design & Testing of an Android App for Data Acquisition through Bluetooth Interface for Cloud Based Intelligent Electrocardiography (ECG) System, Shri Gurpal Singh (2013)|
|13.||Parameter Extraction Module for Cloud Based Intelligent ECG System, Shri Abhishek Kumar Bharadwaj (2013)|
|12.||An ANN Based Classification Module for Cloud Based Intelligent ECG System, Shri K. Venu Naik (2013)|
|11.||Mitigation of Interference from High Altitude Platform System to Terrestrial Stations, Shri Saeed Hamood Ahmed Al. Samhi (2012)|
|10.||A Novel ANN Model for Parameter Estimation of Wireless Relay Networks under Varying Node Geometry and Jamming Conditions, Shri Bhavin Kapoor (2012)|
|9.||A Novel Neural Scheme for Multiple Carrier Frequency Offset and Channel Estimation for Distributed Relay Networks, Shri Ashish Kumar Srivastava (2012)|
|8.||Power - Delay Optimization of 8T SRAM and Comparative Analysis of Different SRAM Architectures, Shri V. S. Chaitanya Kumar (2012)|
|7.||FPGA Implementation of Direct sequence Code Division Multiple Access Transmitter using VHDL, Shri Venkataramireddy Dondeti (2012)|
|6.||A Script Based Test Case Generation Approach for Processor Functional Verification, Shri Jitendra Kumar Sao (2012)|
|5.||An approach for Single Event Latch-up and Soft Error Mitigation in SRAM, Shri Amarish Dubey (2012)|
|4.||A Sammon Mapping Based Fully Neural Pre-Processing Scheme for Online Classification of Gases/Odors, Shri Jail Singh Bhookya (2011)|
|3.||Link power optimization approach for MIMO based mobile communication services, Shri Shital Joshi (2011)|
|2.||A non-Euclidean distance based Neural Classifier for hierarchical classification of gases/odors, Shri Gopi Lavudya (2010)|
|1.||Study of Data Pre-processing Techniques with Varying Complexity of Neural Classifiers for Intelligent Gas Sensor, Shri M. Srinivash (2009)|
- Knowledge Partnership for Digital Metrology (KPDM) (2022 - 2027): Bagged a Rs.150.00 Lacs Five Year Project from MoCA.
- Project Vehicular Pollution Monitoring CPS (VPM-CPS) (Aug.2021 - Aug.2023): Bagged a INR 19.80 Lacs project on "Development of a scalable volatile organic compound (VOC) sensing based intelligent cyber-physical system for near real-time vehicle pollution monitoring and recommendation for reduced emissions" from IDAPT Hub Foundation, IIT(BHU), Varanasi, under National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-physical System (NM-iCPS), Govt. of India.
- Project Google AirView (2020 - 2022): Bagged a $30k project on "Integrative Environment View (IEV) for Sustainable HyperLocal Temporal & Spatial Environmental Pollution Monitoring: Case of Air Quality in Varanasi City" from Google USA
- Teaching Learning Cell (2016 – 2018): Bagged a Rs.7.6 Crore Two Year Institute Project from Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) under PMMM NMTT initiative.
- IBM Faculty Award for Project Swachh Bharat (Clean India) Android App (2015 onward): received IBM Faculty Award for $10000 (Rs.6.00 Lacs).
- NVIDIA Hardware Support Grant for Project Swachh Bharat (Clean India) Android App (2016 onward): received NVIDIA Tesla K 40 GPU worth $5000 from NVIDIA, USA.
- Institute Aakash Center (2015 onwards): Established and running Aakash Center at IIT (BHU) as P.I., NCC LAB, at ABLT Complex as part of Teaching - Learning Cell (TLC) after receiving grants and 300 Aakash Tables from IIT-Bombay to the tune of Rs.15.00 Lacs
- Laboratory Establishment (2013 onwards): “R&D and Technology Extension Laboratory for Networked Communication and Computation (NCC LAB)”, Code no. IS/ST/EC/13-14/02” seed funded by Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) with Rs.15.00 Lacs.
- Laboratory Establishment (2012 onwards): “Knowledge Grid” on NVIDIA donated Server infrastructure, funded by Banaras Hindu University (BHU) with Rs.76.00 Lacs with me as the Facility Indenter.
- Summer Internship Program (SIP-2014) @ NCC LAB: Design and Innovation Hub (DIH), seed funded by Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) with Rs.3.00 Lacs and along with Student internship of Rs.4500/- per month per student for Two Months for a total of 23 Students.
- 2006 – 2008: Project entitled “e-Content development on ‘Data Communication & Wireless Networking, Code no. M-29-21” funded by the Consortium for Educational Communication (CEC), University Grants Commission (UGC), an autonomous body of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India, with an initial funding of Rs. 1.50 Lacs.
- 2005 – 2008: Project entitled “Creation of Super Smart Mobile ICT Corridor (SSMC) – Phase - I, Code no. R/dev/P-07-313” funded by the Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Human resource & Development (MHRD), Govt. of India under Technology Development Program with primary funding of Rs. 2.69 Lacs for SIX months under Phase – I.
- Vice Chancellor’s Nominee, Limited Tender Purchase Committee, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, 2005 – to date
- Administrative Warden, Vishveswarya Hostel, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, 2007 – to date
- Teacher In-Charge, IT-BHU Web Management Committee (WMG), Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, 2009 – to date as the Convener, HEC-ICS.
- Member, Garura – National Knowledge Network, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, 2011 – to date
- Vice Chairman, Aero-Modeling Club, Gymkhana, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, 2008-09
- Vice Chairman, Weight Lifting Team, Gymkhana, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, 2008-09
- Vice Chairman, Table Tennis Team, Gymkhana, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, 2007-08
- Vice Chairman, Base Ball Team, Gymkhana, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, 2006-07
- Administrative Warden, S. C. De Hostel, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (U.P.), 2005 – 2007
- Warden, S. C. De Hostel, Vishvakarma Hostel, Rajputana Hostel, and Raman Hostel, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (U.P.), 2003 – 2005
Activities under Various Institutional Bodies (Present and Past)
- Program Coordinator, 14th IIRS Outreach Program on Advance Course on Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS for Natural Resources, Jan.27 – Mar.27, 2015, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India
- Program Coordinator, 3rd Faculty Development Workshop on MOODLE, Dec.19-20, 2014, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India
- Program Coordinator, 2nd Faculty Development Workshop on MOODLE, Oct.31, 2014, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India
- Program Coordinator, 1st Faculty Development Workshop on MOODLE, Sep.6, 2014, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India
- Program Coordinator, 13th IIRS Outreach Program on Basics of Remote Sensing, GIS and GNSS, Aug 04 - Nov 14, 2014, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India
- Program Coordinator & Sys. Admin, ISTE Workshop on Pedagogy for Effective use of ICT in Engineering Education, 12th - 14th June 2014 & 24 - 26 July 2014, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India
- Program Coordinator, Garuda Boot Camp, GBC-2013, Mar.6-7, 2013, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India
- Convener, Summer Internship Program (SIP – 2014), May – June 2014, sponsored under Design and Innovation Hub (DIH), Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India at NCC LAB
- Program Coordinator, Summer Internship Program (SIP – 2013), May-June 2013, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India
- Member, Teaching and Learning Cell (TLC), Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India
- Member, Core Committee, 1st Convocation, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India
- Member, Technical Cell, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
- Member, BHU Webpage Committee, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
- Member, Telecommunication Services Committee (TSC), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
- Member, Website Committee, Malaviya Center of Ethics and Human Values (MCEHV), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
- Member, Organizing Committee, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electronic and Photonic Devices & Systems (ELECTRO-2009), Department of Electronics Engineering, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, December 22-24, 2009
- Member, Organizing Committee, Symposium on Vacuum Electronic Devices and Applications (VEDA-2009), Department of Electronics Engineering, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, January 8-10, 2009
- Member, Organizing Committee, 2nd National Workshop on Advanced Optoelectronic Materials and Devices (AOMD-2008), Department of Electronics Engineering, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, December 22-24, 2008
- Member, Organizing Committee, Emerging Trends in Electronics (ELECTRON-2005), Department of Electronics Engineering, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, February 03-05, 2005
Awards and Recognitions:
PRSG meeting of the project : High Performance Programmable Simulation Framework for Quantum Network/ Internet communication”, MeitY, Govt. of India.
CDAC Committee for National Awards Jury Member for the selection of DG C-DAC R&D Award, Pune
Technical Expert to Smart city Varanasi: Dispensing as the Member/ Chairman of the Smart City Varanasi's Advanced Video Surveillance System Committees. I am giving advice and steering the technicalities of the CCTV Network deployment and its verification. I am leading the committee created for Third Party Verification of the Smart city Optic Fibre Network and its Command and Control System.
MoU with Cisco India: I am coordinating for the signing up of the MoU with Cisco India, which will help the Institute establish its Centre of Excellence for Intelligent networks and help us develop AR-VR based technologies and create a 5G test Bed cum Private Network.
MoU with CADC-Pune: I am Coordinating with CDAC-Pune, its Head office to sign a MoU with all the centres of CDAC, across India to pick-up major national collaborative projects, one of which is to take up a major national consortia project on Scientific Visualisation of Societal, logistic and Administrative Awareness Information on Smart City Digital Twins under National Super Computing Mission (NSM), Govt. of India
Additional Institutional Responsibilities being dispensed (in 2022):
- Thrust Area Coordinator, telecommunications at IDAPT Hub Foundation, IIT(BHU)
- Convener, DPGC, Department of Electronics Engineering, IIT(BHU)
- Coordinator, Teaching Learing Center (TLC), IIT(BHU), Varanasi
- Member, Institute Networking Commiteee, IIT(BHU), Varanasi
- Member, Institute Supercomputing Centre, IIT(BHU), Varanasi
- Vice Chairman and Member, Institute Convocation Committee, 2021 and technical lead for Live Webcast
- Organised First Year Orientation Program on Virtual Platform
- Coordinator, for Institute's Digital Learning program (DLP), IIT(BHU), Varanasi
- PI, R&D and Technology Extenstion Laboratory, Deoartment of Electronics Engineering, IIT(BHU) since 2014 - till date
- Delivered invited talk on “Computational Scalability with Apache Hadoop” at Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), Dehradun, Feb.16, 2015
- Delivered invited inaugural talk (followed by Hands-on Demo) on “Big Data Acquisition and Processing using Apache Hadoop Framework” during 5-Day IEEE sponsored “National workshop on Recent Trends in Optical and Wireless Networks,” at Sam Higginbottam Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (SHIATS), Naini, Dist. Allahabad, Nov.3-7, 2014.
- Received “Letter of Appreciation” from IITBHU Global Alumni Association (IGBAA) for key contribution in International Alumni Meet
- Received “Letter of Appreciation” from Google Start-up weekend for exclusive Wi-Fi Network deployment
- Received “Letter of Appreciation” from Microsoft Fun.do for exclusive Wi-Fi Network deployment
- Delivered invited talk at 2nd NKN Annual Meet on Load Balanced UTM configuration at IISc, Bangalore
- Appointed Institute Coordinator, Aakash Center
- Appointed Institute Program Coordinator & Sys. Admin., QEEE
- Appointed Institute Program Coordinator, IIRS Outreach Program
- Appointed Institute Program Coordinator, ASQ-Leadership Excellence Series
- Appointed Institute Program Coordinator & Sys. Admin., MOODLE Portal
- Appointed Nodal Officer for National Knowledge Network (NKN)’s Gbps Link
- Appointed Regional Registration Authority (RA) for National Grid Garuda
- Appointed Technical Advisor for Institute of Medical Science (IMS), BHU
- Conducted Institute’s Live Webcasts of all Convocations viz. 1st, 2nd and 3rd since we became IIT(BHU)
- Design and configuration of Institute’s Video Conferencing facility for all occasions, right from President’s Address to Student’s Live Interviews and Group Discussions
- Running Institute’s Head Node of National Computational Grid
- Established interdisciplinary laboratory entitled “R&D and Technology Extension Laboratory for Networked Communication and Computation (NCC Lab), at IIT(BHU)”
- Delivered invited talk and chaired session at Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), New Delhi
- Managed and administered Wi-Fi Services at Rajiv Gandhi South Campus, BHU Campus at Barkachha, Dist. Mirzapur
- Nominated for Young Scientist Award (1997) by the State Govt. of M.P., INDIA
International Journals (From 1st April 2022 to 31st March 2023)
- Chaudhri, Shiv Nath, and Navin Singh Rajput. "Multidimensional Multiconvolution-Based Feature Extraction Approach for Drift Tolerant Robust Classifier for Gases/Odors." IEEE Sensors Letters 6, no. 4 (2022): 1-4.
- Chaudhri, Shiv Nath, Navin Singh Rajput, and Ashutosh Mishra. "A novel principal component-based virtual sensor approach for efficient classification of gases/odors." Journal of Electrical Engineering 73, no. 2 (2022): 108-115.
- Chaudhri, Shiv Nath, Navin Singh Rajput, Saeed Hamood Alsamhi, Alexey V. Shvetsov, and Faris A. Almalki. "Zero-padding and spatial augmentation-based gas sensor node optimization approach in resource-constrained 6G-IoT paradigm." Sensors 22, no. 8 (2022): 3039.
- Alsamhi, Saeed Hamood, Alexey V. Shvetsov, Santosh Kumar, Svetlana V. Shvetsova, Mohammed A. Alhartomi, Ammar Hawbani, Navin Singh Rajput, Sumit Srivastava, Abdu Saif, and Vincent Omollo Nyangaresi. "UAV computing-assisted search and rescue mission framework for disaster and harsh environment mitigation." Drones 6, no. 7 (2022): 154.
- S. Srivastava, S. N. Chaudhri, N. S. Rajput, S. H. Alsamhi and A. V. Shvetsov, "Spatial Upscaling-Based Algorithm for Detection and Estimation of Hazardous Gases," in IEEE Access, vol. 11, pp. 17731-17738, 2023, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2023.3245041.
- Srivastava, Sumit, Shiv Nath Chaudhri, Navin Singh Rajput, and Ashutosh Mishra. "A novel data-driven technique to produce multi-sensor virtual responses for gas sensor array-based electronic noses." Journal of Electrical Engineering 74, no. 2 (2023): 102-108.
- Alsamhi, Saeed Haomood, Edward Curry, Ammar Hawbani, Santosh Kumar, Umair Ul Hassan, and Navin Singh Rajput. "DataSpace in the Sky: A Novel Decentralized Framework to Secure Drones Data Sharing in B5G for Industry 4.0 toward Industry 5.0." Drones (2023).
- Kumar, Kanak, Shiv Nath Chaudhri, Navin Singh Rajput, Alexey V. Shvetsov, Radhya Sahal, and Saeed Hamood Alsamhi. "An IoT-Enabled E-Nose for Remote Detection and Monitoring of Airborne Pollution Hazards Using LoRa Network Protocol." Sensors 23, no. 10 (2023): 4885.