B.Tech The Department runs a four-year B.Tech. programme in Computer Science and Engineering since 1983. Students, for the program, are admitted through the most prestigious UG engineering entrance exam of the country, JEE (Advanced). The program is a mix of fundamental and applied courses leading to different streams Computer Science and Engineering. Apart from learning the concepts of development of skills related to the discipline, the courses are designed in such a way that have broad base of humanities and science courses as well as courses that enable the students to build their character. Hence, overall objective is to provide education to the students with aim to build the student well human with strong character and responsive to demands of society and nature.
Dual Degree (IDD)
Department also offers dual degree i.e., B.Tech. and M.Tech., in Computer Science and Engineering from 2005-06. The students work on a research problem independently leading to M.Tech. Dissertation for a period of one year after completing the four years of B.Tech. programme. They earn their M.Tech. degree along with B.Tech. degree.
The department starts a full-time M.Tech. program in Computer Science and Engineering. The program considers Artificial Intelligent (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) specializations. The program covers core courses, elective courses, and the project. The admission in the program is through GATE.
The department is actively involved in research in many areas of Computer Science. The focus of the PhD program is on research training with a high degree of specialization. The aim of such a training is to make our PhD students very competent in their respective areas, so that they may be able to take up teaching or research-and- development work in future. Ph.D. students are also involved in teaching assistantship. This develops their teaching abilities. A admitted PhD student pursue his research in a specific area of research with a highly trained faculty member who is his/her PhD thesis supervisor. Information related to various specializations available in the Dept. are available in respective section.
- Best Student Paper Award for my research paper with Shashank Kumar Singh titled as “Applying Deep Learning for discovery and analysis of software vulnerabilities: A brief survey” published in International Conference on Soft Computing: Theories and Applications (SoCTA 2019), Springer Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (AISC) held at NIT Patna, India in December 2019.
- Best Paper Award for my research paper with Diganta Misra and Anurag Tiwari titled as “Large-Scale Meta-Analysis of Genes Encoding Pattern in Wilson's Disease” published in International Conference on Computer Communication and Computational Sciences (IC4S 2018), Springer Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing held at Bangkok, Thailand in October 2018
- ACM SIGAPP Award 2014
- Best Paper Award for my research paper with Dr. T. V. Prabhakar (Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur) titled as “Ontology – Driven MVC: A Variant of MVC Architectural Style” published in the proceedings of International Conference on Software Engineering and New Technologies (ICSENT 2012) held in December 2012 in Hammamet, Tunisia
- Selected as the first female student from Asia under EURECA (European Research and Educational Collaboration with Asia) project 2009 to conduct research at Vrije University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands for 6 months.
- Qualified GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2005.
- Selected in Physics Olympiad conducted by Indian Association of Physics Teachers, 1999.
- Awarded the first prize in All India Radio (AIR), Lucknow Akashvani Annual Awards Choral Singing Competition in 1993.
Preferred Specializations for Faculty Recruitment in the Department of Computer Sc. & Engineering are as follows:
1. Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision and Machine Learning.
2. High Performance Computing and Data Engineering
3. Computer Networks
4. Information Extraction / Retrieval and Data Analytics
5. Natural Language Processing
6. Cyber Security, Cryptography, Cyber Physical System, and Game Theory
7. Quantum Computing/ Quantum Information Processing
8. Computer Architecture
9. Theoretical Computer Science
- For further details and application form Click Here
Challenges and opportunities with Edge Computing Vs Cloud Computing by Balaji Krishnan, Extreme Networks, Chennai and an alumunus of 1995 Batch CSE Dept on 02.01.2020.
Discussion on possible academic and research collaborations by Prof. Sandeep Gupta, Director, School of Computing, Arizona State University, USA and an Alumnus of First Batch (1987) of CSE Dept. on 24.12.2019
Bayesian Optimisation and its Applications By Dr. Sunil Kumar Gupta, Associate Professor in Artificial Intelligence at Deakin University, Australia on 4.1. 2019.
• Mr. Balaji Krishnan, Extreme Networks, Chennai (An alumunus of 1995 Batch CSE) on 02.01.2020.
•Prof. Sandeep Gupta, Director, School of Computing, Arizona State University, USA and an Alumnus of First Batch (1987) of CSE Dept. on 24.12.2019.