Dr. Ashutosh Kumar Dubey
Ashutosh K. Dubey, A. Mukhopadhyay and B. Basu, Interdisciplinary Engineering Sciences: Concepts and Applications to Materials Science, CRC Press (Taylor and Francis Group, UK); May 2020, 358 pp. ISBN: 978-0-3673-3393-5.
Research papers published in peer-reviewed journals
65. H. Jain, Y. Shadangi, D. Chakravarty, K. Chattopadhyay, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, and N.K. Mukhopadhyay, Low-density Fe40Mn19Ni15Al15Si10C1 High Entropy Steel Processed by Mechanical Alloying and Spark Plasma Sintering: Phase Evolution, Microstructure, and Mechanical properties; Materials Science & Engineering A, 868, 144776, 2023.
64. K. Rai, K. Yadav, M. Das, S. Chaudhary, K. Naik, P. Singh, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, S. K. Yadav, S. B. Agrawal, A. S. Parmar, Effect of carbon quantum dots derived from extracts of UV-B-exposed Eclipta alba on alcohol-induced liver cirrhosis in Golden Hamster. Photochemical & Photobiological Sciences, 2023 (In Press).
63. M. Suthar, D. Khare, A.Gangwar, S. Banerjeec, N. K. Prasad, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey and P. K. Roy, Structural, magnetic, and biocompatibility evaluations of chromium substituted barium hexaferrite (Co2-Y) for hyperthermia application, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 296, 127348, 2023.
62. H. Jain, Y. Shadangi, D. Chakravarty, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, N. K. Mukhopadhyay, High Entropy Steel Processed through Mechanical Alloying and Spark Plasma Sintering: Alloying Behaviour, Thermal Stability, and Mechanical Properties Materials Science & Engineering A, 856, 144029, 2022.
61. D. Khare, S. Majumdar, S. Krishnamurthy and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, An in vivo toxicity assessment of piezoelectric sodium potassium niobate [NaxK1-xNbO3 (x = 0.2 - 0.8)] nanoparticulates towards bone tissue engineering approach, Biomaterials Advances, 140, 213080, 2022.
60. D. Khare, P. Singh and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Interplay of surface polarization charge, dynamic electrical stimulation and compositional modification towards accelerated osteogenic response of NaxK1-xNbO3 piezo- bioceramics, Biomaterials Advances, 140 213042, 2022.
59. P. Singh, X. Yu, A. Kumar and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Recent advances in silicate-based crystalline bioceramics for orthopaedic applications: A review, Journal of Materials Science, 57, 57, 13109-13151, 2022.
58. A. Vyas, S. B. Ghosh, S. Bandyopadhyay-Ghosh, A. K. Agrawal, D. Khare and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Digital light processing mediated 3D printing of biocomposite bone scaffolds: Physico-chemical interactions and in-vitro biocompatibility, Polymer Composites, 43(5), 3175, 2022.
57. A. Singh, P. Singh and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Effect of Incorporation of Piezoelectric Phases on Antibacterial and Cellular Response of Borate Bioactive Glass, Open Ceramics, 9, 100234, 2022 [Invited].
56. U. Kesarwani and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, A. K. Panda, B. Basu and J. J. Blaker, Bioelectronic medicine, Current Science, 122, 4, 2022.
- H. Sugimoto, J. Biggemann, T. Fey, P Singh, D. Khare, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, and K. Kakimoto, Lead-free piezoelectric (Ba,Ca)(Ti,Zr)O3 scaffolds for enhanced antibacterial property, Materials Letters, 297, 129969, 2021.
- D. Khare, A. Singh and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Influence of Na and K contents on the antibacterial response of piezoelectric biocompatible NaxK1-xNbO3 (x = 0.2 - 0.8), Materials Today Communications, 27, 102317, 2021.
- A. Saxena, D. Khare, S. Agrawal, A. Singh and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Recent advances in materials science: A reinforced approach towards challenges against COVID-19, Emergent Materials, 4, 57-73, 2021 [Invited].
- Angraj Singh and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Improved Antibacterial and Cellular Response of Electrets and Piezobioceramics, Journal of Biomaterials Applications, 36(3), 441-459, 2021.
- K. Yadav, M. Das, N. Hasan, A. Mishra, J. Lahiri, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, S. K. Yadav, A. S. Parmar, Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Protein Nanodots as Drug Delivery Carrier with Enhanced Biological Efficacy of Melatonin in Breast Cancer Cells, RSC Advances, 11, 9076-9085, 2021.
- Angraj Singh, Manoj Kumar and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Effect of pre-existing diseases on COVID-19 infection and role of new sensors and biomaterials for its detection and treatment, Medical Devices and Sensors, e10140, 1-18, 2020 (DOI: 10.1002/mds3.10140) [Invited].
- D. Khare, B. Basu and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Electrical stimulation and piezoelectric biomaterials for bone tissue engineering applications, Biomaterials, 258, 120280, 2020.
- A. S. Verma, D. Kumar and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Antibacterial and cellular response of Piezoelectric Na0.5K0.5NbO3 modified 1393 bioactive glass, Materials Science and Engineering C, 116, 111138, 2020.
- A. Saxena, K. Kakimoto and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Polarization induced dielectric and electrical response of electrovector hydroxyapatite and ferroelectric sodium potassium niobate ceramics, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 53. 395402. 2020.
- A. S. Verma, A. Sharma, A. Kumar, A. Mukhopadhyay, D. Kumar and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Multifunctional response of piezoelectric sodium potassium niobate (NKN) toughened hydroxyapatite based biocomposites, ACS Applied Bio Materials, 3 (8), 5287-5299, 2020.
- S. Sabbarwal, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, M. Pandey, M. Kumar, Synthesis of biocompatible, bsa capped fluorescent CaCO3 pre-nucleation nanoclusters for cell imaging applications, Journal of Materials Chemistry B: Materials for Biology and Medicine, 8 (26), 5729-5744, 2020.
- A. S. Verma, A. Singh, D. Kumar and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Electro-mechanical and polarization induced antibacterial response of 45S5 Bioglass-sodium potassium niobate piezoelectric ceramic composites, ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, 6 (5), 3055-3069, 2020.
- K. Sahoo, D. Khare, S. Srikrishna, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey and M. Kumar, Development of luminescent atacamite nanoclusters for bioimaging and photothermal applications, Nanotechnology, 31 (26), 265102, 2020.
- D. Shukla, M. Das, D. Kasade, M. Pandey, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, SK Yadav and AS Parmar, Sandalwood-derived carbon quantum dots as bioimaging tools to investigate the toxicological effects of malachite green in model organisms, Chemosphere 248, 125998, 2020.
- H. Tripathi, G. C. Pandey, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, S. K. Shaw, N. K. Prasad, S.P. Singh, and C.Rath, Superparamagnetic manganese ferrite and strontium bioactive glass nanocomposites: Enhanced biocompatibility and antimicrobial properties for hyperthermia application, Advanced Engineering Materials, In press (2020), doi:10.1002/adem.202000275.
- Tanu Srivastava, Sunil Kumar Mishra, Om Prakash Tiwari et al., Synthesis, characterization, antimicrobial and cytotoxicity evaluation of quaternary cadmium (II)-quercetin complexes with 1,10-phenanthroline or 2,2’-bipyridine ligands, Biotechnology and Biotechnological Equipment, 34:1, 999-1012, 2020.
- A. Singh, K. Reshma and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Combined effect of surface polarization and ZnO addition on antibacterial and cellular response of Hydroxyapatite-ZnO composites, Materials Science and Engineering: C, 107, 110363, 2020.
- Abhinav Saxena, Maneesha Pandey and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Induced Electroactive Response of Hydroxyapatite: A Review, Journal of the Indian Institute of Science, 2019 99, 339-359(2019) [Invited].
- Abhinav Saxena, Shivam Gupta, Bhupendra Singh and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Improved functional response of spark plasma sintered hydroxyapatite based functionally graded materials: An Impedance Spectroscopy Perspective, Ceramic International, 45 (6), 6673-6683, 2019.
- Abhinav Saxena and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Coupling of living cells with external electrical stimulation: A computational study, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 52, 015401, 2019.
- A. S. Verma, D. Kumar and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Dielectric and electrical response of Hydroxyapatite - Na0.5K0.5NbO3 bioceramic composite, Ceramic International, 45, 2019, 3297-3305.
- Ravi Kumar K., B. Basu and Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Analysis of Electrical Analogue of a Biological Cell and Its Response to External Electric Field, Regenerative Engineering and Translational Medicine, 5(1), 10-21, 2019.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Yuto Oyama and Ken-ichi Kakimoto, Surface charge-assisted synthesis of ZnO on polarized BaTiO3 substrate, Ionics, 25(3), 1351-1358, 2018.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, R. Kumar and B. Basu, Piezobiomaterials as New Generation Materials for Orthopaedic Applications, Trans Indian Inst Met, 72(8), 1999-2010, 2019 (Invited).
- A. S. Verma, D. Kumar and Ashutosh K. Dubey, A review of an innovative concept to increase the toughness of the ceramics by piezoelectric secondary phases, Ceramic International, 44 (14), 16119-16127, 2018.
- Angraj Singh and Ashutosh K. Dubey, Various biomaterials and techniques for improving antibacterial response, ACS Applied Biomaterials, 1 (1), 3-20, 2018.
- B. Singh, R.A. Doong, D. S. Chauhan, Ashutosh K. Dubey, Anshumali, Synthesis and Characterization of Fe3O4/Polythiophene Hybrid Nanocomposites for Electroanalytical Application, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 205, 462-469, 2018.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Electroactive Piezo-Bioceramics as a New Generation Implants for Orthopaedic Applications EC Orthopaedics 7.5 (2017), 195-196 (Editorial).
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey and K. Kakimoto, Impedance spectroscopy and mechanical response of porous nanophase Hydroxyapatite-Barium Titanate composite for orthopedic applications, J. of Materials Science and Engineering-C, C63, 211-221, 2016.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Ryota Kinoshita and K. Kakimoto, Piezoelectric sodium potassium niobate mediated improved polarization of Hydroxyapatite, RSC advances, 5, 19638, 2015.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Greeshma T and B. Basu, Absence of systemic toxicity in mouse model towards BaTiO3 nanoparticulate based eluate treatment, J. of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, 26, 103 (1-11), 2015.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, K. Kakimoto, A. Obata and T. Kasuga, Enhanced polarization of hydroxyapatite using the design concept of functionally graded materials with sodium potassium niobate, RSC advances, 4, 24601-24611, 2014.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey and B. Basu, Pulsed Electrical Stimulation and Surface Charge Induced Cell Growth on Multistage Spark Plasma Sintered Hydroxyapatite-Barium Titanate Piezobiocomposite, J. of the American Ceramic Society, 97(2), 481-489, 2014.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Hiroaki Yamada and Ken-ichi Kakimoto, Space charge polarization induced augmented in vitro bioactivity of piezoelectric (Na, K) NbO3, J. of Applied Physics, 114, 124701, 2013.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, Hiroaki Yamada and Ken-ichi Kakimoto, Surface charge induced enhanced crystallization on the piezoelectric sodium potassium niobate substrate, J. of Crystal Growth, 382, 7-14, 2013.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, E.A. Anumol, K. Balani, and B. Basu, Multifunctional properties of multi-stage spark plasma sintered HA-BaTiO3 based piezobiocomposites for bone replacement applications, J. of the American Ceramic Society, 96 (12), 3753-3759, 2013.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, P. K. Mallik, S. Kundu and B. Basu, Dielectric and Electrical Conductivity Properties of Multi-stage Spark Plasma Sintered HA-CaTiO3 Composites and Comparison with Conventionally Sintered Materials, J. of the European Ceramic Society, 33 (15-16), 3445-3453, 2013.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, P. Agrawal, R.D.K. Misra and B. Basu, Pulsed Electric Field mediated in Vitro Cellular Response of Fibroblast and Osteoblast-like Cells on Ultrafine Grained Austenitic Stainless Steel Substrate, J. of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, 24,1789-1798, 2013.
- M. Pal, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, B. Basu, R. Guo and A. Bhalla, Electrical Properties of Calcium Titanate: Hydroxyapatite Composite-Advances and Applications in Electroceramics II, Transactions of the American Ceramic Society, 235, 191-198, 2012.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, R. Kumar, M. Banergee and B. Basu, Analytical Computation of Electric ﬁeld for Onset of Electroporation, J. of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 9, 1-7, 2012.
- N. Saha, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey and B. Basu; Cellular Proliferation, Cellular Viability and Biocompatibility of HA-ZnO Composites, J. of Biomedical Materials Research: Part B- Applied Biomaterials, 100B:256-264, 2012.
- G. Tripathi, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey and B. Basu, Evaluation of Physico-Mechanical Properties and In Vitro Biocompatibility of Compression Molded HDPE based Biocomposites with HA/Al2O3 Ceramic Fillers and Titanate Coupling Agents, J. of Applied Polymer Science, 124, 3051-3063, 2012.
- S. Nath, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey and B. Basu; Mechanical Properties of Novel Calcium Phosphate-Mullite Biocomposites, J. of Biomaterials Applications, 27 (1), 67-78, 2012.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, S. D. Gupta and B. Basu, Optimization of Electrical Stimulation Conditions for Enhanced Fibroblast Cell Proliferation on Biomaterial Surfaces, J. of Biomedical Materials Research: Part B - Applied Biomaterials, 98 B, 18-29, 2011.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, G. Sitesh, S. Nath and B. Basu; Spark Plasma Sintering to Restrict Sintering Reactions and Enhance Properties of Hydroxyapatite-Mullite Biocomposites; Ceramic International, 37, 2755-2761, 2011.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, P. Singh, S. Singh, D. Kumar and O. Parkash; Charge Compensation, Electrical and Dielectric Behavior of Lanthanum Doped CaCu3Ti4O12, J. of Alloys and Compounds, 509, 3899-3906, 2011.
- B. Singh, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, S. Kumar, N. Saha, B. Basu and R. Gupta, In Vitro Biocompatibility and Antimicrobial Activity of Wet Chemically Prepared Ca(10- x)Agx(PO4)6(OH)2 (0.0 ≤ x ≤ 0.5) Hydroxyapatites, J. of Materials Science and Engineering-C, 31, 1320-1329, 2011.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, B. Basu, K. Balani, R. Guo and A. S. Bhalla; Dielectric and Pyroelectric Properties of HAp-BaTiO3 Composites; Ferroelectrics, 423(1), 63-76, 2011.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, B. Basu, K. Balani, R. Guo and A. S. Bhalla; Multifunctinality of Perovskites BaTiO3 and CaTiO3 in a Composite with Hydroxyapatite as Orthopedic Implant Materials; Integrated Ferroelectrics, 131(1), 119-126, 2011.
- S. Reddy, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, B.Basu, R. Guo and A.S. Bhalla; Thermal Expansion Behavior of Biocompatible Hydroxyapatite-BaTiO3 Composites for Bone Substitutes, Integrated Ferroelectrics, 131(1), 147-152, 2011.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, M. Banerjee and B. Basu; Biological Cell-Electric Field Interaction: Stochastic Approach, J. of Biological Physics, 37, 39-50, 2010.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, G. Tripathi and B. Basu, Characterization of Hydroxyapatite-Perovskite (CaTiO3) Composites: Phase Evaluation and Cellular Response, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research: Part B - Applied Biomaterials, 95 B, 320-329, 2010.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, S.D. Gupta, R. Kumar, A. Tewari and B. Basu; Time Constant Determination for Electrical Equivalent of Biological Cells, J. of Applied Physics, 105, 084705, 2009.
- Ashutosh Kumar Dubey, K. Balani and B. Basu, Electrically active Biocomposites as Smart Scaffold for Bone Tissue Engineering; in Nanomedicine: Technologies and Applications; Woodhead publishing, UK, 2012, Pages 537-570 (ISBN 978-0-85709-644-9).
- Ravikumar K, Ashutosh Kumar Dubey and B. Basu, New Generation Materials for Applications in Bone Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine; in Tissue Engineering Strategies for Organ Regeneration; CRC Press/ Taylor & Francis, (pp.10-22), 2020 (DOI:
- Piezoelectricity induced cellular and antibacterial response, Biomaterials On-line Conclave 2022, held on 7th- 15th March 2022, organized by RUSA 2.0, Biomaterials (Theme 2) National Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, University of Madras.
- Functionally Graded Materials, AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy sponsored ONLINE Faculty Development Program (FDP) on "Novel Materials for Next-Generation Applications" from 12th to 16th July 2021 at M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- Ferroelectric bioimplants as new generation materials for orthopedic applications at IEEE webinar (UP section) on Sept. 10, 2021.
- Spark Plasma Sintering to obtain nanostructured materials at the quality improvement program (QIP) on “Advances in Machining and Processing Technology” sponsored by AICTE from Feb. 01-06, 2021 at Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT (BHU), Varanasi.
- Spark Plasma Sintering as Energy Efficient Processing Technique at the AICTE sponsored QIP-STC on "Energy and Environment Management for Sustainable Development" organized during Dec. 07-12, 2020 at the Department of Mechanical Engineering of IIT(BHU), Varanasi.
- Piezobiomaterials: New generation prosthetic orthopedic implants at “International Conference on Biomedical Materials Innovation-2020 (ICBMI-2020)” during Dec. 6- 9, 2020 organized by The Society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs-India (SBAOI),
Society for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, along with
Bharathiar University, IISc Bangalore, IIT-Delhi and IIT-Guwahati (online).
- Influence of surface charge on cellular and antibacterial response, at National e-workshop on “Surface Characterization: Tools and Applications (SCTA 2020)” during Dec. 14-18, 2020 at NIT K Surathkal.
- Piezoelectric Bioceramics as next generation prosthetic orthopedic implants, in a webinar on "Opportunities in Bioceramic Materials in Orthopedic, Dental and Tissue Engineering Applications (OBMODTEA 2020)", at NIT Rourkela during Sept. 25-29, 2020.
- Piezoelectricity induced enhanced cellular and antibacterial response, at International Conference on Smart Materials for Sustainable Technology (SMST-2020) at Bogmallo Beach Resort, Goa during Feb. 22-25, 2020.
- Spark Plasma Sintering as Energy Efficient Processing Technique at the quality improvement program (QIP) on “Recent Advances in Materials Processing and Materials Tribology” sponsored by AICTE from 06th to 10th January 2020 at Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT (BHU), Varanasi.
- Polarization induced cellular and antibacterial response of bioceramic substrates, at Nagoya Institute of Technology, Nagoya, Japan on Dec. 20, 2019.
- Multifunctionality of piezoelectric materials towards improving cellular and antibacterial response, Fundamentals of and Clinical Perspectives on Implantable Biomaterials, at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore during Aug. 23-24, 2019.
- Coupling of Living Cells with External Stimulation, at AICTE Sponsored QIP-Short Term Course on “Radiation Effects in Materials and Their Characterizations through Advanced Techniques” during 07-11 October, 2019 at IIT (BHU), Varanasi (Co- Convener).
- Ferroelectric Bio-implants as Next Generation Materials for Orthopedic Applications, at Nagoya Institute of Technology, Nagoya, Japan on Nov. 7, 2018.
- Piezoelectric Bioimplants for Polarized Bone Applications, International conference on Bio Materials, Bio Engineering, and Bio Theranostics (BioMET 2018), held during 4th-28th July, 2018 at Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore.
- Piezoelectric Biomaterials for Health Care Applications, New Materials for Health care: Idea Generation Workshop (Conclave) on May 06, 2018 at The Oberoi, M.G. Road, Bengaluru, organized by Tata Steel’s New Materials Division and Center for Excellence on Biomaterials for Orthopedic and Dental Applications, IISc, Bangalore.
- Ferroelectric Ceramics as Next Generation Implants for Orthopedic Applications, The 19th International Symposium on Eco-materials Processing and Design (ISEPD-2018) and International Expo on Surface Coatings held during Feb. 21-25, 2018 in Marriot, Jaipur.
- Biocompatible Ferroelectrics as a New Generation Implants for Biomedical Applications, Japan-India YNU Symposium during Dec. 13-14, 2017 at Yokohama National University, Yokohama, Japan.
- Couple of invited lectures (Introduction to Bioceramics and Influence of external electrical stimulation on cellular behavior) in the short term course under the quality improvement program (QIP) on Tissue Engineering at IIT (BHU), Varanasi during 9-14 January, 2017.
- Coupling of living cells with external electrical stimulation, International Conference on Crystal Ball Vision on Science & Engineering for Societal upliftment, held during Aug. 07-08, 2017 at CSIR- NIO, Goa, India.
- Functionally graded material: A new paradigm to improve the electro-mechanical response without affecting it’s excellent bioactivity, Fourth International Conference on Nanostructured Materials and Nanocomposites (ICNM 2017) held during Feb., 10-12, 2017 at Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India.
- Electrical stimulation and polarization: A new approach for inducing interaction of electro-active biomaterials with living cells, International Conference on Nanomedicine and Tissue Engineering (ICNT 2016), held during Aug. 12-14, 2016 at Kottayam, Kerala, India.
- Electro-active ceramics as a new generation materials for orthopedic implant applications, The Energy, Materials and Nanotechnology Meeting on Ceramics-2016 held at Eaton Hotel, Hong Kong, China during Jan. 25-28, 2016.
- Electrically Stimulated Enhanced Cell Proliferation on Ferroelectric Composites, 99th Indian Science Congress held at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India during Jan. 3-7, 2012.
Sessions Chaired in International Conferences
- New Materials for Health care: Idea Generation Workshop (Conclave) on May 06, 2018 at The Oberoi, M.G. Road, Bengaluru, organized by Tata Steel’s New Materials Division and Center for Excellence on Biomaterials for Orthopedic and Dental Applications, IISc, Bangalore (Moderator).
- The 19th International Symposium on Eco-materials Processing and Design (ISEPD-2018) and International Expo on Surface Coatings held during Feb. 21-25, 2018 in Marriot, Jaipur.
- Fourth International Conference on Nanostructured Materials and Nanocomposites (ICNM 2017) Feb., 10-12, 2017 at Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India.
- International Conference on Nanomedicine and Tissue Engineering (ICNT 2016), held during Aug. 12-14, 2016 at Kottayam, Kerala, India.
Organization of Symposia/Conferences
- Co-organizer of Symposium PACRIM S36: “Advanced Multifunctional Bioceramics and Clinical Applications” to be held at the 14th Pacific Rim Conference on Ceramic and Glass Technology (PACRIM 14) including Glass & Optical Materials Division 2021 Annual Meeting, (@ American Ceramic Society) to be held during Dec. 12-17, 2021 (GOMD 2021).
- Co-organizer of Symposium “Clinical Translation of Biomaterials and Biophysical Stimulation (B3)” in 4th International Conference on Innovations in Biomaterials, Biomanufacturing and Biotechnologies (Bio-4), in Toronto, Canada (@ American Ceramic Society) held during July 21 - 26, 2019 at Toronto Marriott Downtown at CF Eaton Centre Hotel, Toronto, Canada.
- Organizing Committee Member for the Symposium ‘Ceramics in Conventional Energy and Biomedical, Oil, and Gas Exploration (T2S6)’ in "The 12th International Conference on Ceramic Materials and Components for Energy and Environmental Applications (CMCEE2018)", organized by National University of Singapore (NUS) during July 22-27, 2018 at Suntec Convention & Exhibition Centre, Singapore.
Awards and Recognition
Associate Editor, International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology (@ American Ceramic Society), Wiley.
Review Editor on the Editorial Board of Regenerative Technologies for the journal Frontiers in Medical Technology.
Editorial Board Member: PLOS ONE journal (PLOS, California, USA).
Editorial board member: EC Orthopedics.
Editorial board member: Journal of Mineral, Metal and Material Engineering.
MAHE Award for Young Scientist/Academic Faculty - 2018 by Society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs (India).
Young Scientist Award (Dr. R. L. Thakur Memorial Award) - 2015 by Indian Ceramic Society.
Guest Faculty Appointment at Nagoya Institute of Technology, Nagoya during Dec. 01, 2019 - March 31, 2021.
Guest Faculty at Nagoya Institute of Technology, Nagoya during Nov 1- Nov. 30, 2018.
Recipient of prestigious Ramanujan Fellowship, DST, Govt. of India, 2015-20.
Recipient of prestigious Japan Society for the Promotion of Sciences (JSPS) Fellowship for Foreign Researchers, 2012-14.
Young Scientist Award in Materials Science, Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) for the year 2011-2012.
Selection Panel Member for Japanese Government Monbukagakusho (MEXT) Scholarships for Master and Doctoral candidates since 2017.
Research Advisory board member for ARKA Medical Devices Pvt. Ltd. Hyderabad.
Expert committee member of Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) scheme – 2019.
Expert Committee member of NRDC National Meritorious Invention Awards-2019.
Member of Board of Studies for the MSc Program in Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering at Parul University, Vadodara, Gujrat, India.
Awarded DST Young Scientist Travel Grant, 2016-17.
Visiting Research Scholar at University of Texas, San Antonio, USA, during Feb. - April, 2010 and Sept.-November, 2010, as part of INDO-US Science and Technology Forum award program.
Qualified “Senior National Talent Search Contest” in Mathematics held by Central Institute of General Knowledge Learning, 1996.
- Associate Professor (present position), Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, Jan. 2022 onwards..
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, Dec. 2015- Jan. 2022..
- Ramanujan Fellow Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, June 2015- June 2020.
- Post Doctoral Research Associate, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Nagoya, Japan, Oct., 2014 - March 2015.
- JSPS Post Doctoral Fellow, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Nagoya, Japan, Oct., 2012-Oct., 2014.
- Research Associate, Materials Research Centre, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, July-Oct., 2012.
- Visiting Research Scholar at University of Texas, San Antonio, USA, during Feb. - April, 2010 and Sept.-November, 2010, as part of INDO-US Science and Technology Forum award program.
Reviewer for the journals Advanced Science, Acta Biomaterialia, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, Materials Science and Engineering C, RSC advances, Materials and Design, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, Journal of Biomaterials Applications, Advanced Engineering Materials, International Journal of Biomaterials, Bulletin of Materials Science, Journal of Materials Science, Journal of Materials Research, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, Materials Technology: Advanced Performance Materials, International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology, Journal of Indian Institute of Science, Journal of Nanomaterials, Ceramic International, Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering (BMSE), Applied Physics A, Journal of Indian Institute of Scince.
(a) Fellow, Society for Applied Biotechnology (India).
(b) Life Member, Society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs (India).
(c) Life Member, Materials Research Society of India (MRSI).
PhD positions are available for the candidates with following categories:
(i) CSIR (JRF) in Physics/Chemistry
(ii) DST Inspire fellowship in relevant Science and Engineering disciplines.