Prof. B.N. Rai
Dr. R.K. Chaturvedi
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
The parental organization (Banaras Hindu University) of our Institute is actively involved in various activity like education, health, crafts, agriculture, medicine (traditional), folk culture, handicrafts, rural cultural resources (ancient and traditional knowledge resource) and environment.
IIT(BHU) will involve in counselling and providing the necessary technical inputs to the villagers specially youngsters for
For preservation and promotion of rural crafts
Counselling for sanitation and hygiene
Rain water harvesting
Solar lights for community (schools, temples, etc.)
To identify the need of villagers and take their inputs on the issues
Drinking water quality
Up gradation of ITI and Diploma holders
Storage, package of local food(fruit, grains, vegetables, etc.) : value addition
Maintenance of electronic equipments
To connect the local small industries and suggest methods for better efficiency
1. Sarai Dangri (KV Block)
2. Tikari (KV)
3. Rajpur (Arajiline Block)
4. Adma Pur (Sewapuri)
5. Nagepur (Arajiline)
6. Kaneri (Arajiline)
7. Hardattpur (Arajiline)
8. Gopalpur (Adalhat, Mirzapur)
9. Bhaipur (Jamalpur, Mirzapur)
The following projects are in progress under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan above mentioned
selected/adopted villages by teams of IIT(BHU) students :-
1. To identify guilds and small scale industries and Nagepur and Kaneri and to explore
the possible means for improvement efficiency.
2. To study the potable water quality of Tikari (KV Block) and its impact on health.
3. To study the potable water quality in and around Sarai Dangri.
4. To study the quality of water of all the hostels of IIT(BHU) at entry point.
5. To identify the possible areas for rain water harvesting in Tikari.
6. Counselling for sanitation and hygiene in Gopal Pur (Adalahat).